Sunday, November 04, 2018
Rundown of Last Night's Constitution Association Meeting
A hurricane of events has been going on as we approach election day, 2018. The supporters of Donald J. Trump have been motivated to hit the polls, partly because of the Democrat Party's craziness regarding Justice Brett Kavanaugh, and partly because of the appreciation many Americans have for a President who does not back down, and is out there ringing the bell for freedom. President Trump has the uncanny ability to draw huge crowds, and play the liberal leftists like a well-tuned violin.
America has not seen a President of the United States that adheres to the U.S. Constitution, and the value-based principles this country was founded upon, in any of our lifetimes. His policies have returned America to prominence in the world, has ignited a booming economy, and has fanned the flames of patriotism. But, not everyone is cheering about his accomplishments.
Those who oppose the limited-government principles and free-market philosophies of the U.S. Constitution have gathered to strike him down. They are working to unseat him, and return America to the path that they have lain out for her. Their coup of the system that the Framers of the Constitution gave us was interrupted by the outspoken businessman, and the rule of law, nor common decency, will stand in their way to take down possibly the greatest President of the United States in this country's history.
The Constitution Association's primary concern is that the law of the land is upheld. Our aim is to spread constitutional literacy and promote patriotic advocacy. We realize that a primary part of our problem as a country goes way beyond politics. Our leaders, and our populace, have not only departed from the ways of the U.S. Constitution, but we have abandoned our education of the document, and our Christian Values. We have stopped learning and praying, and we have not been teaching the next generation the importance of divine providence and the U.S. Constitution. How will the next generation preserve the U.S. Constitution if they haven't even read it, much less understand the concepts provided on its pages? How do we have any hope as a country if we are not willing drop to our knees and pray to God for His continued Blessings of Liberty? While we have a generation who has decided they will not accept what they believe to be an antiquated document, or antiquated religion, there is a movement afoot. We are the movement. We, as Americans, must not only spark the fires of liberty by embracing the glow of our history that has led us to prosperity because of our political system of government, but also remind everyone that our Natural Rights and the flame of liberty were endowed upon us by our Creator.
Here's what we talked about last night at our monthly Constitution Association meeting:
1) A few weeks ago Doug mailed out a dozen letters to a carefully chosen group of Democrat members of the U.S. House of Representatives, and U.S. Senate. The recipients were Senator Charles Schumer (NY), Senator Mazie Hirono (HI), Representative Keith Ellison (MN), Senator Richard Blumenthal (CT), Senator Kamala Harris (CA), Senator Cory Booker (NJ), Representative Maxine Waters (CA), Representative Nancy Pelosi (CA), Senator Richard Durbin (IL), Senator Elizabeth Warren (MA), Representative Raul Grijalva (AZ), Senator Dianne Feinstein (CA).
Thank you for your service to the United States of America. You are a member of a very small fraternity of people who are willing to take on such a difficult position. Our history is filled with honorable persons who have made the same decision as you, and our appreciation as citizens of the United States cannot be relayed with mere words.
A part of the honor of holding office in the federal legislature is upholding the oath you took to protect and defend the United States Constitution. This is why I have written you. I have a concern about your commitment to that oath. Judging by recent comments by you on the public stage, and after perusing your voting record, it has become apparent to me that you may not fully understand the document you swore to uphold. Adherence to constitutional principles is a primary requirement that accompanies your office, and I fear you may not understand how to accomplish that necessary part of your responsibilities.
To assist you in your endeavor to be the most constitutional member of Congress that you can be, I have enclosed a pocket constitution with this letter for your convenience. While the text of the document will likely be very familiar to you, since I am sure as a member of the United States Government you have read the U.S. Constitution on many occasions, I humbly ask that you continue your studies of its text, and the principles associated with those words. If for some reason you have any questions regarding the document, I am at your service, and will be glad to answer any questions you may have. You may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 951-XXX-XXXX.
I eagerly await your email, or phone call.
Again, thank you for your service. I hope this information will assist you in you being able to achieve your goal of being as constitutional as you can be as a member of Congress.
Douglas V. Gibbs
President, Constitution Association
After Tuesday we will have many new members of the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate poised to take office after the first of the year, and I would like us, as an organization, to hit them early. We will write a new letter to be mailed out to our brand new members of Congress, with an enclosed pocket Constitution, thanking them for pursuing their new position, and offering our service to ensure they become the most constitutional Congress Critters possible.
The Letter Writing Campaign will begin January, 2019.
2) In the past two decades there have been a number of challenges against faith-based clubs on school campuses, and over and over the United States Supreme Court has told schools that if they are going to allow Muslim, gay, and other leftist clubs on campuses, then they must also welcome Christian and patriotic clubs. This is something that works in our favor. These clubs, however, must be student initiated. Between now and the first of the year it is our goal to build relationships with as many parents of public school students as we can so that in 2019 we can begin opening Constitution-based clubs on high school campuses (and college campuses down the road).
3) A part of the drive for independence in the English Colonies, which ultimately led to the American Revolution, was the call for independence encouraged by the pastors, who came to be known as the Black Robed Regiment. I believe we need a new Black Robed Regiment, and after an opportunity to talk to Corona city council candidate, and assistant pastor from Crossroads Church, Doug Husen, who is also friends with Pastor Jack Hibbs of Calvary Chapel Chino Hills, I believe the time is nigh for the Constitution Association to begin building relationships with churches so that we may teach these congregations not only about the U.S. Constitution, but how to become advocates for its godly principles grounded in liberty.
4) My constitution classes continue, but we are not attracting the kind of numbers we did during the Obama administration. We've gone from around 40 people per class to a half dozen. It's time to ramp up interest in our U.S. Constitution. Ideas for promoting the Constitution Classes are being requested. Also, we are past the halfway point of my government class for homeschool students, and the textbook should be available for sale to the public, soon.
5) Constitution Radio is at a crossroads. The second hour is in danger of not being fully funded. At the same time, we have an opportunity to move to Monday through Friday during the morning drive-time (6:00 am to 8:00 am) if only we can attract enough sponsors.
6) Constitution Study TV's YouTube page is growing. The video regarding birthright citizenship has taken off. Send your constitution questions you would like me to answer on camera to email@example.com.
7) Upcoming Election: While the Democrats seem arrogantly positive (even more so than they were of Hillary winning in 2016) that they have a massive blue wave ready to crest over, and crash into, the Trump presidency, I believe the Republican Party has become energized enough to come out and defend their President. The Kavanaugh Effect is a large part of the recipe, along with the overall craziness being portrayed by the liberal left. I am not confident that John Cox will pull of a win as governor of California, but I do think the Democrats will not achieve a super-majority in the Gold State. Yes On 6, which would repeal the Gas Tax, looks like it is poised to win in a close battle, but the rest of the races that conservatives are pulling for are either long-shots, or too close to call. As for the U.S. Congress, I believe the U.S. Senate will add at least four Republican seats, and the U.S. House of Representatives will not only remain in the GOP's hands, but the Republicans will actually increase their majority by two or three seats.
8) Birthright Citizenship. In short, President Trump is right. We viewed the video I made, which came out really well (despite a slight sync problem).
9) National Guard at the border. We also viewed my video regarding this topic.
10) As we were wrapping up our conversations about the National Guard and Birthright Citizenship, candidate for Murrieta City Council Harry Ramos paid us a visit. We ended the evening discussing local races which include Harry's race against a very uninformed Christi White, and my race for School Board against an establishment elitist, Linda Lunn.
We went an hour longer than normal, but after it was all over, I believe those who attended our meeting on Saturday Night felt more informed and excited about the programs we have planned for our organization.
-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary