Saturday, July 04, 2020

Dictator Newsom's Mandates ARE NOT LAW

FACE MASKS ARE SLAVERY
By Douglas V. Gibbs
Author, Speaker, Instructor, Radio Host

The dictator governor of California, Gavin "Gruesome" Newsom, has done more than overstep the line between liberty and tyranny.  He is now a full blown totalitarian acting in an illegal manner, and it needs to be stopped.

I was yelled at last night, and again this morning, for refusing to wear a face mask.  In both cases the people screamed at me, "It's the f***ing law, you idiot."  On two other occasions, I have been physically confronted for not wearing my mask.  In one case, a guy much bigger than me pushed me into a wall, knocking me to the ground from the impact.  "Wear a mask, a$$hole," he told me.  "It's the law."

Technically, I have a medical exemption. I am hard of hearing, and have some neurological things going on that sometimes makes it difficult for me to understand what words are coming out of people's mouths.  Muffled voices behind masks makes it hard for me to understand people.  It is a lot easier if I can see people's lips.  I am not totally deaf.  My left ear doesn't work except for very loud sounds, but the right is in pretty good shape (even my ears have been following the political spectrum, the left doesn't work, and the right does).

Last night, despite the restaurant lock-down order returning with another wave of Gavin Newsom's magic totalitarian wand, we found an Italian restaurant in San Diego County still allowing for dine-in seating.  Upon approach, the man at the door said we had to be wearing masks to come in.  My wife said, "We are exempt.  He's hard of hearing and it's easier for him if he can see my lips."

The man refused.

"I will be glad to call the disabled persons association," she said.

"Fine," the man said.  "He doesn't have to wear his mask into the building, but you do.  That way I am not violating his disability rights."

The purpose of the exemption is so that I could see her lips moving when she talks.  Making her wear a mask kills the whole thing for me. Technically, they were still in violation.

"It's the law," he said.  "I hope you can understand the legal risks."

Let me be as clear as I can be.  IT IS NOT THE LAW!

Gavin Newsom has been barking orders verbally, like a number of other governors, with no accompanying legislative support, as if he is dictator.  He says we all have to wear face masks, we can't go to the beach, we can't go to the park, all bars must close, are restaurants must end dine-in activities, after being told he can't legally stop churches from meeting he decided to tell them they can't sing, and worse of all he has told us face masks and social distancing is required at our backyard bar-b-ques, as if he has the authority, or the means of enforcement, to force people into obeying his demands on their own property.

And he did this right before Independence Day.

Fireworks shows have been cancelled, and gatherings are being limited.

Ronald Reagan once said that for Democrats everyday is April 15 (tax day) and for Republicans everyday is July 4 (Independence Day).  Now, it is turning out, Democrats like radical Gavin Newsom hate America so much that they are trying to outlaw Independence Day by making it impossible to celebrate it.

I know for a fact a number of the voters feel the same way.  At a store, this morning, when paying for my groceries with my wife (and yes, I had no mask on even though the woman at the door demanded I put one on) I said to the cashier as we were pulling away with our cart, "Happy Independence Day."

"No thank you," she replied.  "I don't celebrate slavery."

George Orwell would be proud.  Liberty is slavery.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: