Sunday, January 17, 2021

Psalm 2 and Today's World

 Psalm 2

The Reign of the Lords Anointed.

Why are the [a]nations restless
And the peoples plotting in vain?
The kings of the earth take their stand
And the rulers conspire together
Against the Lord and against His [b]Anointed, saying,
“Let’s tear their shackles apart
And throw their ropes away from us!”

He who [c]sits in the heavens laughs,
The Lord scoffs at them.
Then He will speak to them in His anger
And terrify them in His fury, saying,
“But as for Me, I have installed My King
Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”

“I will announce the [d]decree of the Lord:
He said to Me, ‘You are My Son,
Today I have fathered You.
Ask it of Me, and I will certainly give the [e]nations as Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth as Your possession.
You shall [f]break them with a [g]rod of iron,
You shall shatter them like [h]earthenware.’”

10 Now then, you kings, use insight;
Let yourselves be instructed, you [i]judges of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with [j]reverence
And rejoice with trembling.
12 [k]Kiss the Son, that He not be angry and you perish on the way,
For His wrath may be kindled quickly.
How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!

No comments: