Sunday, February 01, 2009

A Quick Word On Football's Big Game

Today is the big game, that Super match-up that is considered to be the biggest Bowl game of the year. Pittsburgh is the favorite, and I told a friend when the playoffs began that the Steelers was the team that would be going all the way.

When asked today who I was pulling for, I quickly answered Pittsburgh because of my prediction.

But deep down is that really who I "want" to win?

I am an Oakland Raiders fan, and so typically the Steelers are not a team I tend to like (go back to 70's rivalry between Steelers and Raiders to understand this).

Also, I like Kurt Warner. He is the epitome of a good sport. He is a leader, and may have one more big game win up his sleeve. His devotion to God is commendable as well, and an inspiration to many.

So, though I believe that the Pittsburgh Steelers will win handidly, the Arizona Cardinals is my sentimental favorite. In other words, though I am expecting the Steelers to win, I won't be too upset if Arizona pulls it off.

No comments: