Sunday, March 01, 2009

Focus Without Dobson


James Dobson first joined my family as an author. His books about family, and child rearing, became important resources for my wife and I as our children grew.

Later, on the radio, his broadcasts would inspire me during my drives as the world around me sank deeper into a "Diana induced" tailspin. Our lives became more complicated as the outside influences on our children's lives made teaching them principles and values all the much more difficult.

Dobson has been an influential evangelical figure to my family, and many others, as the leader of the Christian ministry Focus on the Family. Last Friday, however, Dr. Dobson announced that he was stepping down as board chairman of the ministry he founded. James Dobson, however, will remain a voice in the organization for years to come.

Dr. James Dobson, age 72, expects that this move simply means he will not be involved with the administrative side of the organization any longer. Though his role is changing, his radio broadcast, and his involvement as an advocate for socially conservative issues, will remain a priority.

He said to staff members: "I've got more to say. I'm not ready to stop fighting for the things I've fought for for the past 32 years."

--Political Pistachio

No comments: