Friday, May 15, 2009

Lone Protester: Land of the Free?

Past Guest on Political Pistachio Radio asked me to re-post this for him

By Terry Funderburk, the Lone Protester

Two years ago my protest sign was rudely snatched out of my hands and I was taken to jail because I dared to call a criminal employer of illegal aliens exactly what he presented himself to be. A cheap bastard.

I asked for a trial by jury at my arraignment and from that point I was in court 6 different times over 10 months. Every time I just wanted my trial, as guaranteed by the US Constitution and I was refused. I watched a prosecutor threaten me on numerous occasions to plead guilty. He said that all charges would be dropped if I did. I refused and demanded a trial but was denied. During my third time in court he levelled another charge against me because I would not play his games. That second charge was identical to the first and I am still surprised that the judge let it stand. It was done to coerce me into pleading guilty. The 4th time in court that second charge was dropped because the prosecutor realized that he had overstepped his bounds.

The 5th time my trial was delayed because that same prosecutor neglected to make sure that there were enough people in the jury pool. The 6th time, after 10 months of getting the runaround, I finally had my trial. I listened to the judge instruct the jury that my case had nothing to do with illegal immigration when it had everything to do with it. That jury saw through his lie and found me not guilty in 30 minutes.

Since then it took another 10 months to get the transcripts of my trial, something that usually takes 2 weeks. Three months ago my lawyer filed suit in the Fifth Judicial Circuit Court of South Carolina. The defendants are the city of Columbia, Richland County and two other entities that conspired together to deprive me of my rights. They are facing 6 charges from malicious prosecution to violating my rights. Two of them face 5 years in prison if found guilty. I requested that they receive a jury trial like I did.

It has been 3 months since my lawsuit was filed and I am beginning to believe that I am getting the runaround again much like the first time. I firmly believe that in this state the more money you got the more justice you get. The same court that tried to deny my rights and shut me up is now trying to decide if they will allow themselves to be put on trial.

I am still refusing to play their games. Carmen Mercer of the Minuteman CDC and a few other organizations have started a nation wide call in rally for my benefit. They are encouraging the American people to call the justice system in South Carolina and remind them that Constitutional law over rules any ideas of politically correct justice.

I have experienced the American justice system at it's worst and beat it. My construction business has gone to hell because of criminals which are silently aided and abetted by that system. They will arrest and jail me for daring to spit on the sidewalk and give a free pass to outright criminality and I refuse to play the game. Now I am impatiently waiting to see if they will allow themselves to be put on trial.

I do not know what else to do. I put my faith in the American people and the Constitution and they came through for me. And I am determined that I will face my accusers in a court of law. That is if the Fifth Judicial Circuit court will get off their asses and do their as demanded by the Constitution.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the help guys. Here are the numbers,

The Fifth Judicial Circuit Court of South Carolina


Judge J. Ernest Kinard, Jr - Office - 803-425-7182
Fax 803-425-5519

Chief Justice Jean Toal - Office - 803-799-5578
Fax 803-799-4118

Judge Donna Strom - Office - 803-576-1760
Fax 803-576-1763


Judge Michelle Childs - Office - 803-5761770 Fax 803-576-1772

Judge James R Barber - Office - 803-576-1779 Fax 803-576-1782

State Attorney General - Office - 803-734-3717
Fax 803-734-4323

Mayor Bob Coble - Office - 803-545-3750
Fax

WIS News 10 - Office - 803-799-1010
Fax 803-758-1155

WLTX News - Office - 803-776-9508
Fax 803-776-1791

Wach Fox 57 Office - 803-252-6397

No comments: