Monday, June 01, 2009

Dangerous Lies


"The most dangerous lies are those that contain a healthy dose of truth." - Kitty Foth-Regner, Heaven Without Her, page 27.

Liberalism stands for much of the same things that Christianity does. After all, Christians believe that we should be a good neighbor, feed the homeless, help the poor, treat others as we would have them treat us, be good stewards of the environment, and love one another through peace. We abhor violence, and believe that life is precious.

Sounds good, right?

The Left, however, takes some of those to an extreme as they take a step away from reality, or believe that the way to achieve these things is through government intervention.

Christ stated to give Caesar what is Caesar's, but he did not say to allow Caesar to decimate your individuality, and tell you where, when, and what to worship. Liberals believe that we should feed the homeless, help the poor, and be good stewards to the planet - and the way they believe to achieve this is through the government doing it through our taxes.

The Left says they believe in peace as well, and to achieve that peace they have determined we should be defenseless. The military must be stripped, and gun rights must be compromised. Personally, I believe peace is achieved when those that would abrogate peace are fearful of your ability to respond with force.

Christians believe in this funny little thing called free will, too. I should be all of the things Christ wants me to be, but free will allows me to decide whether or not to follow through. I am free to do the right thing, or the wrong thing. I am free to put off what I should do today. I have the freedom to succeed, and to fail. I am free to give to my favorite charity, or not. I can donate time, or choose not to. If I fail in my endeavors, I have the free will to try again, or not. I have the freedom to be responsible, or not to be. The consequences will eventually catch up to me, and usually consequences, or losing, is exactly what an individual needs to convince them to do the right thing, or to teach them how to succeed.

Liberalism has a strange idea that free will of the individual is a bad thing. Personal responsibility, for some reason, should be taken away so that the government can make sure you do the right thing according to their definition of what the right thing is.

What the Left is providing is a pack of lies, decorated with a little truth. They are right, we should be all these things, but it should be my choice to do so, not the government's. If I allow the government to take the reins, it limits my choices. With big government, I lose the unalienable right of free will, and eventually big government compromises the liberty our founders, and fine military men and women, fought so hard to achieve.

What we are seeing is a loss of liberty, coupled with the promise that the government will take care of everything to make up for that loss of liberty.

The great lie.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: