Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Honest Scrap Award



Thank you, Call Me Mom (Irate, Tireless Minority) for bestowing the Honest Scrap Award on me on July 21. I couldn't be more honored, especially from a reader like Call Me Mom who visits and comments pretty regularly.

THE RULES

In accepting this award, I need to do the following:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it.

My 10 honest things:

1.) I try to follow God's Will for my life, writing seems to be that direction so far.
2.) I am currently in the midst of many storms in my life - but like the disciples with Christ on the raging Sea of Galilee, I have to remember He never promised the trip would be a smooth one, only that He'd get us to the other side.
3.) My grandchildren are the magic in my life, and they give me joy whenever I am with them.
4.) I am averaging 2-3 hours sleep per night right now due to burning a number of candles at both ends. My wife is worried. Pain medication keeps me going.
5.) My children rebelled greatly, but both have been slowly returning to the foundations I laid for them as young children.
6.) I am excited about the day my wife and I will finally move to our property on the Oregon Coast.
7.) The nice thing about being the primary cook in the family (usually weekends and mid-week) is I usually get to eat my favorite dishes.
8.) The swimming pool has been a God-send during the hot summer months.
9.) The friendships I have made on the blogs and on Blog Talk Radio have become very dear to me - and many of those folks I have met and had lunch with.
10.) I have the greatest wife. I get up at 2:00 am usually and she gets up with me to make a lunch. If I get home later than my usual 6:30 pm, she will have hot food ready for me. When the pain begins to set in, she gives me rub downs and massages. And she does all of this without asking anything in return other than my love. They don't get much better than that. I have been blessed.

My 7 other blogs, in no particular order are:

1.) Radio Patriot - Andrea Shea King
2.) No Sheeples Here
3.) The O Word - Cary Cartter
4.) Gawfer
5.) Third Wave Dave
6.) Right Wing Guy
7.) Texas Darlin'

And I am going to repeat Call Me Mom's verse. . . "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." ~Prov. 18-24

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

Douglas V. Gibbs

No comments: