Monday, August 03, 2009

Obama's Birth Certificate: Something Fishy


I received an Email recently asking a number of questions regarding my opinions on the Obama Birth Certificate Controversy. My response, I believe, was a better clarification of my position on the issue. Note that I do report often on events surrounding the issue, but I have repeatedly issued the statement that despite the circumstantial evidence, I do not know enough to form a definite position. However, based on the evidence, I do think something is fishy. The following is my response to that Emailer, and I hope a clear enough representation of my position on the issue:

Thank you, Sir, for your feedback. I am trying to remain objective, but I do have the opinion that something is fishy when it comes to Obama's eligibility. This is why I constantly remind people that this issue contains allegations, at this point, not a whole lot of facts, and it should be continued to be treated as such: An accusation that is not fully supported by facts at this present time.

I made a comparison to the WMD question not too long ago. It seems interesting that when Democrats said the absence of WMDs means they never existed, the Right went nuts, yet those same folks on the Right claim easily that no birth certificate must mean none exists. As I have said, I believe it is a possibility that there is something being hidden, and it may be eligibility - but to me the big question is why Obama has not addressed it, or put it to rest with his proof.

I understand that normally the burden of proof is on those that present the accusation, but I think of it this way: I am a big rig truck driver. I have a Class A License. Normally, simply telling you, or anybody else, that I possess such a driver's license is adequate. You have no reason to doubt me, and will believe me by simply hearing my words. However, when applying for a job, my employer needs more than an assurance. If I refuse to show the potential employer my Class A License, that does not necessarily mean that I don't have one, but it would make the employer wonder what I am hiding, and assume that it is a reasonable possibility that I don't have a Class A License since I refuse to show them the genuine article. That doubt, regardless of whether or not I am a licensed Class A Driver, would be enough to lose the job. My honesty, integrity, and character would be judged as poor. I could complain later that I have a license, and that the burden of proof was on them to prove I don't, so I was unfairly treated - but since they are my potential employer, that attitude really doesn't apply. The American People are Obama's employer, and they are simply asking for verification. All he has to do is show proof, and be done with it. The fact that he doesn't do so, and that the birth certificate that was presented is a computer generated one presented by a third party (liberal website) creates doubt. Based on that doubt, the American People has a right to demand clarification, and verifiable proof.


-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

By Douglas V. Gibbs

No comments: