Friday, January 01, 2010

I-Pod Hearing Loss Lawsuit

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Earlier in the week I heard about a lawsuit against Apple because their I-Pods are causing hearing loss. When researching the topic I only came across articles from 2006 referring to such a lawsuit. If there is a new lawsuit, I have not found the information.

Considering the data available, however, it is not hard to determine that the hearing loss is being blamed by people listening to their I-Pods with the volume on high, and then blaming Apple for not warning them that listening to the devices with the volume set to high could cause hearing loss.

What kind of idiot listens to their music, or whatever else, with the volume cranked up, and not realize that it could cause a loss in hearing? This is like buying coffee, and claiming you didn't know it was hot enough to scald your lap!

Just another example of how lawyers are ruling, and our common sense has taken a back seat.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: