Monday, May 03, 2010

A Day With Constitutionalists

By Douglas V. Gibbs

It is a funny thing when I get together with fellow conservatives that understand the original intention of the U.S. Constitution. We greet each other as fellow radicals, laughing at the ignorant left that doesn't seem to understand the limiting principles of the U.S. Constitution. At today's "Defending The Consitution" event the speakers included Clayton Thibodeau (Congressional Candidate California 45th District), Larry Naritelli (California Gubernatorial Candidate), and John Eastman (California Attorney General Candidate).

The buzz, however, was the arrival of one Orly Taitz. Orly is known for her pursuit of Obama's eligibility for president through a series of legal cases that demand to see Obama's true birth certificate. I sat down to speak with her to discuss her run for California Secretary of State, and the interesting tid bits she has uncovered about her opponent, Damon Dunn. She remembered me via my Political Pistachio Radio program, and was delighted to speak with me.

After speaking with Orly, I found myself questioning her candidacy, as to the true intent of her run for office, but I found myself even more so questioning Damon Dunn's candidacy. I heard Damon speak at a Republican Assembly meeting a couple weeks ago, and found him a fantastic speaker with solid positions. However, according to Orly Taitz' research, Damon Dunn was not only a registered Democrat in Florida before he came to California, but he actually sent a letter in the hopes of purging that record to cover up that history.

My main question, of course, is which candidate adheres more closely to the U.S. Constitution. Unfortunately, neither candidate spends much time discussing the Constitution, but that has become the habit of many politicians. Hence, the reason why Americans feel that the political realm is filled with cockroaches.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: