Sunday, February 13, 2011

CPAC, Straw Poll, and Allen West

By Douglas V. Gibbs

CPAC has not been something I have been writing about here. I don't like David Keene, I don't like the fact that GOProud was invited when much of their platform is hardly conservative, I don't like the fact that Political Establishment republicans have their claws dug deep into the conference, and I don't like the fact that Ron Paul is the dominating figure of the straw poll.

Don't get me wrong. Ron Paul is a fine Congressman. He is 80% on the money when it comes to the U.S. Constitution. His economic positions are in line with the Founding Fathers, his demand that the Federal Reserve be audited, and ultimately shut down is correct, and he actively pursues constitutional policies. However, his position on national security, and a handful of other issues, fit into the 20% loony category - and I can do without that 20%.

Allen West closing this year's CPAC, however, made the Conservative Political Action Conference worth mentioning. I interviewed Allen West on the Political Pistachio Radio Revolution back on August 18, 2008 and it was then that I became a fan of him. I realized I may have very well interviewed the future President of the United States. Colonel Allen West believes in the principles of our Constitutional Republic, and understands that liberalism has failed wherever it has been tried. When I am asked for a short list of presidential candidates in 2012, Allen West tops my list every time.

Without further adieu, below is the video of Colonel Allen West's CPAC speech, 2011:



-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: