Thursday, August 25, 2011

Invasion USA


By Douglas V. Gibbs

Before sitting down to spend my hour or two writing all of the articles for Thursday, after I got home last night at about 8:00 pm from work, I went to the grocery store with my wife. At the store I spotted a young man wearing an olive green shirt with the words "Invasion USA" on the back. I worked around to see the front, and on the front of the shirt there was what I at first thought was an image of Che Guevara with crossed AK-47s behind his head. Then I got to looking closer, and it wasn't the Marxist murderer Che Guevara at all, but an image of Chuck Norris. The words around the image were: "Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body."

I like Chuck Norris, but I wasn't sure what to think about the style of the image. Was it to be like Che Guevara as a joke? To mock Che? To draw attention against Che? Or to him?

The shirt accomplished whatever its aim, because it made me do a double-take, and then look it up on the Internet later. Despite the message, it was definitely a good marketing technique.

Knowing the kind of patriot that Chuck Norris is, and figuring he allowed his image to be used for this shirt (a guy can assume the best, right?), I am under the impression that only good intentions, and good marketing, was intended, here.

One can hope.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: