Monday, January 23, 2012

Allen West for Vice President

By Douglas V. Gibbs

The last time we had a presidential election a full year before McCain chose Sarah Palin as his running mate I said that if the nominee was smart they would choose Palin. (July 2007, September 2007, October 2007

This time, I have been unsure if I think it will be Palin again, Rand Paul, or Allen West. I've been leaning towards Allen West. I interviewed him in 2008, and was impressed with him back then. Now, I think he is ready, and I think the conservative candidate for the GOP ticket (in other words, if it is not Romney) will choose Allen West.

It turns out that I am not the only one that feels that way. . . 

Gingrich says Allen West would be considered as his running mate - Tea Party Tribune

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

1 comment:

Tom said...

You choice of Palin in 2008 sure paid of dividends for McCain, didn't it? Assuming of course you wanted a landslide defeat.

It's going to be really amusing when a serial adulterer or a Mormon goes up against the Christian with 2 kids and 1 wife.. lol

By the way.. did you know that Newt is Catholic? Doesn't that make you crazy?