Sunday, January 08, 2012

As Intruders Enter Home, Teen Mom Widow Stands Her Ground in Oklahoma

By Douglas V. Gibbs

While on the phone with 911, eighteen year old Sarah McKinley first asked a question that was expected, and then asked an unexpected question.

"There's a guy at my door and I'm here by myself with my infant baby. Can I please get a dispatcher out here immediately?"

"Are your doors locked?" asked the dispatcher.

Sarah responded, "Yes. I've got two guns in my hand. Is it OK to shoot him if he comes in my door?"

"I can't tell you that you can do that," the dispatcher answered, "but you do what you have to do to protect your baby."

And McKinley did.

She used the shotgun to shoot the intruder twice in the head, and then held her ground with the gun pointed on him until police arrived.  The second intruder fled when he heard the shotgun blasts, but was apprehended later.

The two men were reportedly looking for drugs -- most likely painkillers -- that they believed might have been left behind by McKinley's husband, who died of lung cancer on Christmas Day.

She did what she had to.  It is admirable that she held her ground.

The accomplice will be charged with murder as per the felony murder law in Oklahoma.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

Oklahoma teen mom called 'hero' for fatally shooting intruder - Los Angeles Times

Alleged accomplice in Blanchard home invasion faces murder charge - News OK

No comments: