Saturday, March 17, 2012

American Idol Television Program to Contestant: Tone Down Christian References


American Idol Producers Tell Contestant to Tone Down Christian References

The producers of the hit show American Idol apparently told one of its top contestants to tone down his overtly Christian references if he wants to win the competition.

According to Today.com, Colton Dixon doesn't care and "plans to continue using the show and social media to spread his message of faith":

"When we first started the Twitter and Facebook stuff, they said beware of political and religious tweets," he told TODAY.com. "Just because it can turn off voters or whatever. But, you know, being a Christian is who I am. It is a part of me musically. It is what I want to do after the show -- go into Christian music." [...]

"I am not going to hide it, and I am not going to stray away from it just because I am on a TV show." [...]

Read more at NewsBusters

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: