Friday, April 20, 2012

Political Pistachio Scheduling Difficulties

By Douglas V. Gibbs

You will notice, dear reader, that this week the posting of articles have been sporadic, with great gaps, and then a sudden rush of articles.

My busy schedule which consists of a job I work twelve hours a day at, Constitution Classes I teach two nights per week, writing for six publications, public speaking, and my weekend radio endeavors, make it difficult to write on Political Pistachio at any time other than in the evenings.  However, for the purpose of consistency and continuity, I have always used the scheduling feature of this platform.  The feature enables me to write half a dozen articles or so at night, and then schedule them to post every three of four hours during the day so that the site provides an image of continuous updates, and the appearance of new articles, throughout the day.

The scheduling mechanism with Blogger has not been working properly, and I am having to go back and slam the different articles into place after the fact, leaving a gap, and then a sudden posting, of a number of articles I thought had already posted on my website.

I apologize to those of you who enjoy the smooth continuity of the site, and I hope the problem is fixed soon. As a result, I will have to be more diligent in making sure the articles post, and maybe even posting some of them before their time. That said, when you visit, be sure to scroll down to make sure there are no articles you might have missed.

The same goes for my radio program on KCAA. If you miss it live, there is a podcast page to go to in order to catch past episodes. I hope you have been able to take advantage of it. I suggest you listen live, though, so that you have the opportunity to call in, and maybe even win a free book - which is offered every Saturday.

Technology. Can't live without it, but we scream at it daily anyway.

Sometimes, I miss my old typewriter.

-- Political Pistachio' Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: