Saturday, August 18, 2012

28 Years of Marriage for Douglas and Virginia Gibbs

By Douglas V. Gibbs

When I was a young man I had the world by the tail. Colleges around the country wanted me for academic and athletic reasons. . .

I thought it would be a much better idea to graduate high school, get my girlfriend pregnant, marry her, and enlist in the U.S. Navy all in the same summer.

Hey, sometimes "crazy" works!

After 28 years of ups and downs, we are still together. We have had our rough moments, and our blessed ones. Our children are now grown up, moved out, married, and on their own. . . and we love it.

Now, for the next five days, we are going to do something we rarely do - escape.

The children will be fine without us, the dogs are being babysat, and yes, my website has articles already written and scheduled.

But, I may not answer my email for the next five days, and I may not answer my phone - I am going to be spending time with the love of my life, my bride, my soul-mate. . . my cute, little ol' grandma wife, Virginia.

Thanks for your prayers, and blessings. We appreciate all of you.




-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: