Monday, January 28, 2013

No calls from Paul. . .

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Yesterday, I wrote about how my very close friend, Paul "Prying1" Young passed away Saturday Night.  We talked on the phone nearly every day, and he was a follower of all of my efforts.  My Sunday Morning "Constitution Study Radio" show receives a thousand podcast listens per week, but live I usually get less than half a dozen.  Paul, however, was always there.  On Sunday Morning, I thought it was strange that he wasn't in the chatroom.  "Death" was the least of my thoughts when it came to wondering about the reasons he was unable to make it.

During my workday, we talked nearly everyday - sometimes for hours upon hours.  We would talk about everything, from the Constitution, to Obama's antics, the Islamization of America, and spiritual matters regarding our Christian Faith.  He regularly prayed for me right there on the phone.  We joked, and sometimes talked about nothing at all, and laughed about that, too.

Today, there was no call.  It was strange.  One time I even ran down my contacts list, staring at his name on that list, realizing I would never hit "send" for it again.

My wife spent the day at work with me, telling a couple folks when they called her that with the loss of my friend, she felt I needed the company.

She was right.

But it felt strange, Paul not calling me, and all.  He's gone, and though I have cried over it, I am still working to come to grips.

I can just imagine him in Heaven, singing joyfully with the others, and probably telling them about my Constitution efforts.

I miss him.

He was a dear friend.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

1 comment:

AmPowerBlog said...

I talked to Paul by phone once and we were regular blog allies back in the day. It seems not real that we've lost a friend like this.

God bless you Doug, and I'm happy you're doing very well.