Saturday, May 04, 2013

The Price of Constitutional Activism

By Douglas V. Gibbs

The war has been raging since the day the Constitutional Convention began in 1787.  The rule of history is tyranny.  Liberty is an exception.  That is what makes the United States of America exceptional. . . because this nation has been the exception to the rule.

Throughout this young nation's history, anti-constitutional forces have waged war on Americanism, seeking to change the United States into an oligarchy, a system where statists who have climbed the latter to become the ruling elite control the people, a system where the few rules over the many, and a system where the government dictates and micro-manages the lives of the lowly citizens.

We are not peasants, and we are not subjects.  We are Americans.  Therefore, we refuse to accept tyranny as the "new normal."  But to protect, preserve and promote a constitutional way of government takes work, activism, and non-stop effort.

All Americans are individuals, and have been blessed with unique skills, and abilities.  Some of us have a large circle of friends, some of us love to stand on the corner waving a great big flag or sign, some of us are email warriors, some of us do not fear walking into political offices and hammering on our leaders or their office personnel, some of us have traveled to our State Capitals or Washington DC to confront these knuckleheads directly, and some of us have the gift of gab and don't fear public speaking, radio, and teaching the principles of the Constitution.

That last one listed is me.

The price to fund all of that is a constant reminder that freedom isn't free.  As a military veteran I understand the oath I took, and I am sworn to defend it. . . for the rest of my life.  So, I teach classes on the Constitution for free (but I do take a donation bucket), public speak (more often than not for free when the venue is local), host an AM Radio program on KCAA that is also available Online (operating at a loss since its inception in 2011), and now tonight I will be hosting the first ever Southern California Constitution Association meeting (no admission fee for attendees) at 6:00 pm at the Juice It Up patio near Kalmia and Village Walk in Murrieta.  At all of these events I hand out pocket constitutions (cost: $30 per hundred), I pay for the transportation costs of speakers (with the price of gas, one can see that can be expensive), I pay air time to be on the air ($150 per hour), the newsletter with a combination of the PayPal services and Constant Contact services costs about $35 per month (and we are still short a few monthly subscribers for it to pay for itself), and I print flyers, handouts, brochures, and information packets for each of my events (I spent a little over $100 on toner last month).  The price for my Constitutional Activism can be high, but very much worth it.

In March the contract for my radio program was underfunded, and I appealed to those folks that follow me on email, through my website, on the radio, at Facebook, and at my Constitution Class, and the response was phenomenal.  We met our funding goal of $1,200 with $25 to spare, and a heart-felt thank you goes out to everyone that participated.  This contract is doing better.  We just picked up a new advertiser (Protective Bunkers and Survival Center), and combined with the existing advertisers of FST Sand and Constitution Quest, we look to be very close to meeting our financial obligations at KCAA.  We only need one more advertiser to be fully funded.  On the other fronts, as always, we are overall really struggling to keep the ball rolling.  In all of the other aspects of what I am trying to do to educate America about the Constitution, the cost keeps going up.  Therefore, once again, I ask you for a little help.

Contact me at constitutionspeaker at yahoo dot com for a mailing address if you wish to send a check, or you can send it to the KCAA studios addressed to Douglas V. Gibbs, Constitution Radio, or you can help via PayPal (email douglasvgibbs at yahoo dot com, or use the donation links set up on www.politicalpistachio.com, www.douglasvgibbs.com, or at http://www.douglasvgibbs.com/newsletter.php.

Thank you in advance.

Blessings,

Douglas V. Gibbs
Constitution Radio, KCAA 1050 AM
Saturdays at 2:00 pm Pacific

No comments: