Friday, June 21, 2013

Obama Goes After Truckers

As a trucker who resorted to this business because the construction industry I was in died in 2008, this reduction in hours Obama is proposing would make my family starve. I get paid by the load, and it takes the max hours allowed for me to pull off enough loads to pay my bills. He is trying to force us into government dependency.

OBAMA ADMINISTRATION WANTS NEW REGULATIONS ON TRUCKERS' HOURS

Beginning July 1, the Obama administration's Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) wants truckers limited to driving 70 hours a week with mandatory "restart" periods--which would "include the predawn hours of two consecutive days" for rest.

Currently, commercial drivers are allowed to drive 82 hours a week.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: