Monday, July 22, 2013

Baby Royal

By Douglas V. Gibbs

I hear that a new baby royal has been born in Britain.  A little boy.  They say he is third in line for the crown, and the United Kingdom is abuzz over the birth.

Personally, I don't care.  I am not into people who think they are above everyone else.

I am not trying to be mean.  I am fine with the fact that for some people this is a big event to watch.  I am not into that kind of thing.  I don't watch reality shows, I don't care about royal happenings regarding people that are nothing more than figureheads, and I can't stand boy bands, the Bieber, or award shows for singers, actors, and sports figures.  None of those people are at a higher level than anybody else.  In God's eyes, we are the same - frail, unworthy, people.

My television is for two things.  Baseball, and football.  I pay attention to statistics, standings, and politics.  Not much else.

Back to the baby king. . . I hope he's cute, I hope he's healthy, and I hope he grows up to be well mannered.  Otherwise, I am not overly concerned.  Enjoy. Pay attention. Know everything you can about him.  You might as well, because I sure won't.

I am too busy trying to track another elitist that thinks he's above everyone else.  Obama's a lot more destructive, at this point, than that little baby.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: