Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Rand Paul: "This is A Historic Lawsuit"

by JASmius

Senator Rand Paul files a lawsuit against Barack Hussein Obama [hmm-hmm-hmm] over NSA data collection practices.




Well, if he says so.  I certainly hope he's right, and that it'll be successful.  But remember Senator Ron Johnson's lawsuit, announced and filed not too long back?  Yeah, I have a difficult time remembering its subject matter, too.  What I do remember is that lawmakers filing lawsuits against the Executive is what lawmakers do when they are powerless to push through legislation to the same end.  They're publicity stunts that don't typically go anywhere or accomplish anything.

Maybe Senator Paul's suit will be the exception.  I hope so.  I do.  But we better pray so as well, because any success to come from it will require more than a minor miracle.

No comments: