Friday, April 11, 2014

Concentrated Power and the Constitution

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Sometimes, I get ideas for articles, and jot some quick notes down because I am not in a position to write out the articles, but I don't want to forget the idea.  Then, the notes, when I get home, get placed on a stack on the left side of my desk.  Sometimes I use those notes, and sometimes some of them remain on that stack, until much later, possibly years later, I find those notes again.

The following was inspired by one of those old notes.

Concentrated Power, and the Constitution

One of the goals of the United States Constitution was to guard against the concentration of power.  When power is concentrated, things go wrong.  If this isn't corrected, this exceptional nation will be unable to protect the people from tyranny -- because it will "be" a tyranny.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: