Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day, 2014

My Daughter's Wedding,
and a quick picture with her mom and dad
By Douglas V. Gibbs

Being a father is more than just being there.  It is a difficult journey, and as dads we are not always perfect.  However, my love has never wavered for my children.  To this day, even after both of them are married and have children of their own, I would do anything for them if they need me to, and if they would just be willing to ask.

I wish to send a thank you out to all Fathers.  You are an important piece of the puzzle when it comes to building a solid family unit, which is not only important to the welfare of your children, but the welfare of a nation.  This is also to the fathers out there whose children were taken before they finished their lives.  God Bless you, my prayers continue daily for your pain, your courage, and your strength.

"A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society."  -- Billy Graham

"My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." -- Clarence Budington Kelland, U.S. Writer

"Nothing I've ever done has given me more joys and rewards than being a father to my children." -- Bill Cosby

"By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong." -- Charles Wadsworth

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.” -- Mark Twain

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: