Thursday, March 19, 2015

Heather Wishes She Hadn't Had Two Mommies

by JASmius



So a child raised by two homosexuals can wind up "homophobic," eh?  Wow, who knew?

And yes, her name really is "Heather":

Gay community, I am your daughter. My mom raised me with her same-sex partner back in the ’80s and ’90s. She and my dad were married for a little while. She knew she was gay before they got married, but things were different back then. That’s how I got here. It was complicated as you can imagine. Do you remember that book, Heather Has Two Mommies? That was my life.

Either way, I still feel like gay people are my people. I've learned so much from you… you taught me how to stand up for myself, even if that means I stand alone.

Oh, she'll be standing alone now, alright.

I’m writing to you because I’m letting myself out of the closet: I don’t support gay marriage. But it might not be for the reasons that you think.

Same-sex marriage and parenting withholds either a mother or father from a child while telling him or her that it doesn't matter. That it’s all the same. But it’s not. A lot of us, a lot of your kids, are hurting. My father’s absence created a huge hole in me, and I ached every day for a dad. I loved my mom’s partner, but another mom could never have replaced the father I lost. Gay marriage doesn't just redefine marriage, but also parenting. It promotes and normalizes a family structure that necessarily denies us something precious and foundational. It denies us something we need and long for, while at the same time tells us that we don’t need what we naturally crave. That we will be okay. But we’re not. We’re hurting.

I know this is a hard conversation. But we need to talk about it. If anyone can talk about hard things, it’s us. You taught me that. [emphases added]

Mrs. Barwick, the "gay community" is not going to have this conversation with you.  You may still consider them to be your people, but they don't see you that way.  You didn't follow in your mother's footsteps.  You "went straight".  And now you're opposing the holy grail of the Lavender Lobby, and committing the sacrilege of pointing out the self-evident truth that placing young children in "same-sex" households is tantamount to child abuse.

You have crossed the line.  You are now the enemy.  And they are going to come after you with everything they've got.  I hope you can afford private security, because you and your family now have a permanent target on your backs.

This should illustrate anew that sodomarriage is not about "equal rights" and it's not about what's best for "the children" or any of the other BS justifications conjured up in its defense.  Sodomarriage is about destroying and replacing traditional marriage.  It's a dagger aimed straight at the heart of the Christian church.  And nothing, as far as militant Hershey highwaymen are concerned, is going to deflect that poisoned blade.

Or, in other words, there's a reason it's called the culture "war".

And yet the truth is surfacing.  It always does sooner or later.  Satan has always sought to overthrow God.  He'll continue to do so until the time arrives when he's consigned to the Lake of Fire forever.  And one of the prime ways he pursues this end is in human affairs, by trying to discredit, defame, and replace every last aspect of God's design for a healthy human society. And nothing is more central to that design than "For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed."

God's view of "gay marriage" is equally as succinct:

For this reason God gave them over to [allowed them to do what they already wanted to do] degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

And the thing is, that penalty, in all its multifacetedness, isn't limited to the practitioners of those "degrading passions," but to the children that have the manifest misfortune of winding up with such perveyors of indecency as their "parents".  Thank God Heather Barwick is recovering from her nightmare experience.  Not all her fellow victims will be so lucky.

But she will now pay a harrowing price for speaking publicly about this "hard thing".  She may not be glad that she did.

But we are.

No comments: