Thursday, March 26, 2015

Mr. Gibbs, I Presume?

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Last night I drove out to Mentone to attend a speech by last Saturday's radio guest, Dr. Duke Pesta.  After Dr. Pesta's incredible presentation regarding the dangers of Common Core, during which I learned even more than I thought I already knew about the devious statist strategy to indoctrinate our children towards accepting even more government control over their lives, I approached the stage to have a few words with Dr. Pesta.  The crowd in Mentone also wanted to talk to Dr. Pesta, so I waited patiently to the side a little, realizing that my time with Dr. Pesta would probably last longer than the quick comments and questions by the line of folks that had formed.  Since Dr. Pesta was a guest on Constitution Radio last week, we had already exchanged a few words prior to his speech when I arrived at the Redlands Tea Party event and he told me at that time how much he had enjoyed being on the program.  While waiting for an opportunity to speak with Dr. Pesta, I struck up a conversation with Don Dix, a friend from the Unite I.E. group, and Act! for America Corona Chapter, and radio colleague.  He broadcasts on KTIE.  As I talked to Don, another individual stood nearby.  I thought he was waiting to talk to Dr. Pesta, or perhaps Don, but he never seemed to take advantage of the few moments when Dr. Pesta was in between answering questions, and it seemed to me he was watching me speak more than Don.

After I finally got a chance to talk to Dr. Pesta, and was ready to go out the door, the gentleman that had been waiting nearby approached me.  "Are you Mr. Gibbs?" he asked.

"Yes," I replied.

The man then explained to me that he had been waiting to talk to me, and that he recognized me by my voice.  He's been a listener to Constitution Radio for a couple years.

"When I heard your voice, I was pretty sure it was you.  You sound exactly the same in person as you do on the radio.  I really enjoy the show, and I was hoping we could talk for a moment."

I suggested we go outside, since the room we were in was getting stuffy, and the noise of conversation was still pretty loud.  Outside, near my car, we had the chance to talk.

Brad said he found my program going through the local radio dial about the same time when Paul, the originator of the Book of the Week segment, passed away.  His favorite part of the show, he said, is the Constitution Quest Question of the Week, he wished we didn't have to always race through the AllStar Collision Big Stories of the Week, and though he liked the guests I have, he hoped I would spend less time with guests, and more time on the U.S. Constitution during the program than I already do.  He is considering joining the Constitution Class on Tuesday Nights in Corona, and he told me that through my radio program he has learned a lot.  He found me a few weeks ago on Conservative Voice Radio on KMET, and has become a listener of that program, too.

I gave him a copy of my book, "25 Myths of the United States Constitution" as a gift, and we talked about a number of constitutional issues from the stronghold of statism in the court system and how they use Judicial Review to unconstitutionally circumvent the Constitution, to the various myths in my book, to the current administration in the White House and how this President is becoming more and more of a dictator with each passing day.

It was a thrill for me to be recognized, and it was kind of a surprise that my voice is that recognizable in a crowd.  Brad, at one point, remarked how he couldn't believe he was talking to me, and I told him, "I am nobody special.  I am just someone that God has given the opportunity to reach folks about the truth."

The gentleman asked me about Mark Levin, and the Article V. Convention support that Mark has had since his book, "The Liberty Amendments," and I told Brad that I was a supporter of an Article V. Convention long before Mark was, but that I also recognize that we must go into a convention informed, and using a grassroots effort to keep it under control.  This is where I explained to him that an Article V. Convention is not a "Con-Con," for there has only been one Constitutional Convention.  It was in 1787, and there should be no other.  Article V. in the United States Constitution gives us two methods for amending the Constitution; either the Congress Critters proposing amendments, or We the People through our States.  Either way, it still takes 3/4 of the States to ratify the proposed amendment, and in my opinion, I'd rather it be us through our States, than the Congressional Cowards who bow to federal supremacy, proposing amendments.  However, if we want to make sure the process if properly guided, that is where Republic Review comes into play.  We the People can assign delegates to hold a convention to audit the Federal Government, and then bring that to the attention of the State legislatures so that they can take appropriate action be it nullification, or participating in an Article V. Convention, or whatever.  Remember, any authority the federal government has must be ratified by 3/4 of the States, so if through Republic Review we determine that a quarter, plus one, of the States would not ratify an amendment for the government to have, let's say, a Department of Education, then it is unconstitutional, and it would never be constitutional unless three quarters of the States would be willing to allow the federal government to have that authority through the ratification of an amendment.  Then, armed with that knowledge, if we bring the reality of where the Constitution stands on the issue to our States, and the States understand the power the people have in their own reelection, the States will then work with We the People to either eliminate the department, or bring it to a ratification vote to see if it would pass ratification muster.

But we must be working together, doing what we can to educate the people, and fix the broken motor that refuses to abide by the United States Constitution.  Sitting on the couch complaining is not an effective strategy.  Brad agrees, and I think he will now be even more involved than before. . . and after he finishes reading 25 Myths of the United States Constitution he'll be a little more informed, too.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: