Monday, June 22, 2015

Die Standing Up

By Douglas V. Gibbs

I am a radio host, author, blogger, and instructor on the United States Constitution.  I speak at a number of events, making most of my money from book sales.  Nobody talks about the Constitution like I do, and those that follow my efforts, and support my endeavors, are very happy to do so because of the constitutional focus of my message.  However, when push comes to shove, a few can sometimes become a little nervous.

The Declaration of Independence ends with the famous sentence, "And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor."  When I remind folks of the determination of the Founding Fathers, a determination that included being willing to die for their beliefs in liberty, regardless of the threats issued by the British, most folks are happy to agree, and shake their fists.

Until the reality of that possibility wades into their waters.

Islam has Pamela Geller in hiding for organizing a "Draw Muhammad" competition that was held in Garland, Texas, and resulted in two armed jihadists appearing on the scene.  Local Police resolved the situation, and the Muslims were killed at the scene.  But, the death threats against Geller have been in full swing, and as a result, she is in hiding.

On the radio, and on Political Pistachio, I have quipped that perhaps we should have our own Draw Muhammad competition.  I am not willing to be subservient and careful because someone threatens to kill me if I dare to stand against them.  This is not inciting violence, it is defending my right to free speech.  God gave me that right, and it is my responsibility to protect it, even if it means putting on the line my life, fortune, and sacred honor.  The response of some of those around me, however, has told me, "You have one of those Draw Muhammad events, and I'm gone.  I will not put my life, or my family's lives, at risk."

Is that not admitting defeat?  Is that not an act of dropping to our knees and giving in under the threats that have been issued by Islam?  I am not a dhimmi, and I refuse to act as one.

Don't forget, folks.  This is war.  Are you willing to die standing up?  Or will you live subserviently on your knees?

Be it progressive left madness, Islam, or any other enemy, I refuse to do anything short of standing my ground, and facing the enemy head on.

As patriot revolutionary leader Dr. Joseph Warren used to say, "To Liberty and Freedom."

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen! Telling like it ought to be! Let's make this a reality, folks. Apathy and ignorance lead to destruction.