Thursday, June 25, 2015

Whose White House Is It Anyway?

by JASmius



Well, well, well, if this isn't a Freudian slip, I don't know what is:

Obama faced off with a heckler during a reception celebrating LGBT Pride Month at the White House, telling the person “you’re in my house.”

Obama was interrupted shortly after beginning his speech to the crowd by a person who repeatedly shouted the president’s name.

“No, no, no , no. Listen, you’re in my house,” Obama told the person. …

“As a general rule, I am just fine with a few hecklers,” Obama said. “But not when I am up in the house. My attitude is if you’re eating the hors d’oeuvres, you know what I’m saying? And drinking the booze? I know that’s right.” [emphasis added]



Maybe it's just his congenital narcissism that caused him to "misspeak" in the moment of irritation, although I'll guarantee you no Republican POTUS could get away with such a slip.  Or maybe he's got no plans to move out of "his" house on January 20th, 2017.  If he gives a flip about whether or not Americans harbor the latter fear, clips like this one give him nobody to blame but himself.

The heckler, incidentally, was an open borders extremist that considers Obamnesty way too right-wing and also thinks O is a poseur for hopping aboard the Hershey Highway even after his dorky, white, crazy-uncle-in-the-attic veep.  A phenomenon of insane leftwingnut disillusionment with their demigod is that is becoming a rising tide of angst and rage.

Almost makes me wonder if the Secret Service (assuming they've dried out by now) shouldn't be put on higher alert for assassins from his left flank.

No comments: