Sunday, July 05, 2015

C.J. Pearson Receives Death Threats

by JASmius



Isn't that racist?:

C.J. Pearson, the twelve-year-old black conservative who has been a vocal online critic of Barack Obama is receiving support from his fans after leaving social media amid reported threats.

The team that manages Pearson's Facebook account posted screen grabs from Twitter of comments directed at Pearson on Thursday by a user with the handle @MonaB2010 (Mona Hussein Obama.)

"If you're not the an [sic] official GOP, then they need to denounce u. Otherwise we go for the lawsuit," the person tweeted, followed by "pooh no sorry your fam has been bowing down to white ppl. So it’s the rest that need to be killed" and "Wish we could switch Trayvon's life for yours."

She ended with, "you don't need to copy me to all your little racist noise machine feeds. I'll see you in court. Will file Tuesday." [emphases added]

I don't get that last part.  The death threats make sense in their own twisted context, but a lawsuit?  Against a twelve-year-old minor with no legal standing?  For what?  On what grounds?

That's how you can tell that this is just "Internet courage".  I recall my first death threat.  I had been on political debate message boards for a few years already when I got it.  This lefty from Florida whose ass I had debated into the ground said he was going to fly up to my corner of the country and "splatter your eyeballs all over the wall and jump rope with your intestines," or words to that effect,  A rather sinus-clearing message to see directed at oneself, but even as a freshly deflowered virgin of such things, it didn't concern me all that much.  And of course, they guy never showed up to make good on his threat.

The big difference is I was in my mid-thirties, whereas Mr. Pearson is a middle-schooler (mature way beyond his years, but a middle-schooler nonetheless) and thus not an adult and not on his own.  And if either of my kids had gotten a death threat under such circumstances when they were minors - hell, even now - my wife and I would have at least called a social media timeout.

Which is a circuitous means of saying that I'm not accusing C.J. of "chickening out" for withdrawing from the ideological wars for a while:

"After much thought and consideration, I've decided to take a break from politics and political commentary. I had a horribly rough night on Twitter after a woman not only threatened to sue me for expressing my opinions but threatened my family," he said. "At this point, I've decided that it's best for me to take a step back and evaluate all of my options before continuing down this path."

But it does need to be pointed out that "Mona Hussein Obama" has achieved her objective: She's silenced one of the brightest young voices in the Rightosphere, at least for now.  Although I think Mr. Pearson will be back sooner than she thinks.

In the mean time, let this be an illustration of how vile, disgusting, and despicable "progressives" really are, that they have no compunction or reluctance about threatening even a child who outspokenly refuses to conform to the Left's racist stereotypes.  May it serve as the inspiration and motivation for the rise of an army of C,J. Pearsons to come,

1 comment:

byff said...

I'm reading a book on critical thinking, which identifies the pitfalls and personality traits of folks who engage in egocentric thinking. Anyone (including yourself) who has spent much time in debates on social media will have encountered folks who react so badly to challenges to their worldview that they actually become violent, in word if not in deed.

So far I haven't been directly threatened, but I have had two progressives invite me to kill myself. Oh, and one posted the address of my parents' home online.

If C. J. keeps it up, he will encounter more of this type, and develop tactics for dealing with them. I hope he does.

I don't think I can be objective about the general bias of egocentric thinkers, but in my experience it certainly seems as though the left-leaning types are more prone to it, or at least to expressing it verbally.