Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Trump: "I Would Hire Sarah Palin"

by JASmius



Man, oh Manischewitz, is Hairboy in full-scale pander-to-Tea-Partiers mode or what?:

GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump says he would consider former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin for his administration if he wins the White House.

Appearing Monday on The Palin Update with Kevin Scholla on Mama Grizzly Radio....

The booking of which was, I'm sure, completely coincidental.

....Trump was asked whether he might seek Palin's advice as president, or even have her in his administration in an official capacity.

"I'd love that," Trump said. "Because she really is somebody who knows what’s happening and she’s a special person. She’s really a special person and I think people know that."

He often has people on the campaign trail urging him to get the former vice presidential candidate's support, Trump said.

There's that "people are urging me to do" this or that rhetorical tic again.  Which I'm beginning to interpret as "Nobody's actually telling me anything because I'm Donald Trump and nobody tells me what to do (or has to, in this instance), and I don't listen to what mere ignorant peasants like Tea Partiers think, but this is what they want to hear so that's how I'll couch it".

I'd have been fascinated to hear in what capacity Trump would want Mrs. Palin to serve.  Energy Secretary, perhaps?  OMB Director?  I'd add "Vice President" except that Ted Cruz is already in line ahead of her for that slot.  Really, I'd have liked to hear that followup question just to find out if Trump even knows all the Cabinet Departments he'd ostensibly be overseeing.  His bully-boy bluster would have papered over any Rick Perry-like fifty-three second brain shut-downs, I'm sure.

Will 'cuda be damnfool enough to link herself to this burgeoning clusterfark?  Beats me.  But I think she's still got it in her to shiv the GOP one more time.  For her and her family's sake and that of the party and the country, I hope she can resist that self-destructive urge.

But I'm not counting on it.

No comments: