Sunday, December 13, 2015

Microsoft Joins The War On Christ

by JASmius



Now that I come to think of it, if you look at the Microsoft Windows logo the right way, it does kind of look like a wavy swastika, doesn't it?:

Microsoft has received kudos for its latest ad featuring store employees singing Let There Be Peace on Earth outside an Apple Store, but now some have noticed something missing: God.

And, you know, flying apples....



Mona Charen, writing at National Review Online's "Corner Blog" on Sunday, noted that the carolers move right past the song's lyrics, "With God as our Father, brothers all are we. Let me walk with my brother in perfect harmony."

In the ad, the singers go from the line "the peace that was meant to be" straight to "Let peace begin with me," which is in the next verse.

"Apparently, that was too religious for Microsoft, which has produced a holiday (!) TV commercial featuring new young piping voices singing the song, but the lyrics referring to God are gone," Charen writes. "Really? Is that the point American culture has reached, that a Christmas video from a major corporation scrubs God from the song?"



Yes!  It!  Is!  They want the season but not its Reason.  They want the ends but are violently hostile to the means.  They want peace but flip the double-bird at the Prince of Peace.

And that's why all they'll get from me is a barrage of apples.  And withering ridicule of Windows 10.



1 comment:

Jennifer Crawford said...

When I upgraded my computer guru adamantly advised me not to get Windows 10. The more I hear about it, the more I'm glad I listened to him.