Thursday, February 25, 2016

Another Mexican Ex-President Says "No" To A Border Wall In Trumpese

by JASmius



The South Carolina GOP debate proved that Trump can't remotely take what he dishes out on a daily basis.  So it's no shock at all that he didn't react with anything resembling mature composure to Vincente Fox giving him his answer on a Mexican-underwritten border wall in language that Trump would be sure to understand:

Fox, seventy-three, who served as Mexico's president from 2000 to 2006, told the Fusion television network on Thursday that Mexicans were not paying for the wall that Trump repeatedly touts in his platform for the presidential nomination.

"I’m not going to pay for that fucking wall," Fox told host Jorge Ramos. "He should pay for it. He’s got the money."



Actually, there's some doubt about that last assertion.

But there was never any doubt about what Trump's knee-jerk, thin-skinned, butthurt reaction would be:

FMR PRES of Mexico, Vicente Fox horribly used the F word when discussing the wall. He must apologize! If I did that there would be a uproar!

<AHEM>....







Kinda speaks for itself, doesn't it?

I will simply add that if Trump really wanted to get Mexico to pay for a border wall, this is the diametric opposite of the way he would go about it.  Pissing off your counterpart(s) in any negotiation as an opening gambit is something I cannot believe was ever in The Art Of The Deal.  Which tells me that Trump has no intention of actually trying to get Mexico to subsidize a border barrier, or build a wall at all, and he's just been feeding that bullbleep to his cultists to lure them into his GOP-wrecking con from day one.

The only positive thing I can imagine coming out of a Trumpidency is all the "I TOLD YOU SOs" I'm going to get to drop on Trumplicans over the ensuing four years, or until my life savings runs out, whichever comes first.  Except that they appear to be as brainwashed as Obamunists have been for the past seven years, so I may be denied even that consolation.

Which isn't to say I won't do it anyway, if for no other reason that to spare myself the stroke I'd suffer from holding it in.

No comments: