Sunday, March 13, 2016

Thank You, Trump Supporters

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Holy Cow!  Thank you for the incredible avalanche of emails regarding today's (March 12, 2016) radio program, and my article about the Chicago protests which appeared on Canada Free Press.  If you missed the episode in question on KMET 1490-AM, check it out as a podcast here.  One listener, after hearing me say on KMET that I would vote for Yosemite Sam, rather than for Bernie or Hillary, sent the following image:
I have not necessarily been a Trump cheerleader, and in fact I have indicated that I am not sure I believe that he believes everything he says. . . yet, I have also refused to be a Trump-hater, and I have been giving him a little bit of a benefit of the doubt.  On KMET's Constitution Radio, today, I said as I usually do that I understand why folks support Mr. Trump.  I understand the anger, and the appreciation that he is outside the establishment.  In short, he can't be bought.

Also, as I have said a number of times, "The GOP Establishment and Democrats hate Trump because they can't control him.  Some conservatives don't like Trump because they think he can't be controlled.  Trump's supporters love him because nobody can control him."

In addition to a large dose of emails from Trump supporters who are listeners to Constitution Radio with Douglas V. Gibbs on KMET 1490-AM who appreciate my willingness to give Donald Trump a little wiggle room and benefit of the doubt, I also want to thank those who sent me emails supporting my view regarding the Chicago protests of which I provided in my article about the Chicago protests in Canada Free Press.  One reader wrote, "The Alinsky model is glaring in the coverage I have seen. . . thank you for accuracy in journalism and I hope my words are well received."  Another wrote, "I thought your column was excellent. . . I am old enough to remember the start of this leftist mess in the 1960's.  It was so hard watching Leftists try to make fools of men like my husband in Vietnam combat.  I think Trump did well handling the situation last night."

As a blogger, author, and radio host, sometimes it is nice to hear from folks who appreciate our work, so from me, and my crew (JASmius and Alex) I would like to say, once again, thank you for all of the fantastic feedback.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

1 comment:

JASmius said...

"Trump-hater"? Seriously, Doug? There are ample, perfectly good, substantive reasons to oppose Trump's candidacy, and you're going the liberal-left route of dismissing it as "hate"? I get the context in which you wrote this post, and as I said in mine, I largely (but not entirely) agreed with it. But I still think a retraction is in order for that comment.

Here's what you still aren't grasping: The GOP "establishment" doesn't like Trump because ***he's not a conservative***. And the Democrats ARE controlling Trump - he is their dream "Republican" candidate - he just doesn't realize it.

He does not deserve or merit your "benefit of the doubt". And my question why you do in light of the large body of evidence to the contrary, posed publicly on this site yesterday, still stands.