Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Hillary for Prison 2016 sign gets cheers at Temecula Independence Day Parade

By Douglas V. Gibbs
AuthorSpeakerInstructorRadio Host

The MTRA is in the Temecula July 4th Independence Day Parade every year.  Last year I wore a red-white-and-blue tie with a button down shirt, waved, smiled, and marched.  This year, I wore camouflage pants, a U.S. Veteran shirt, and my "Right-Wing Extremist" ballcap.  And. . . I decided I would be a little more active.  Our country is under attack not just by Islam, but by radical, left-wing statism and tyranny by the liberals of the Democrat Party (and a bunch of infiltrators in the Republican Party).  I figured it was time to make a statement, to be bold, and to get a message across that Independence Day is not about fireworks, parades and bar-b-ques. . . it is about rebelling against tyranny.

Bob handed me a "Hillary for Prison 2016" sign, and Rick handed me a "Don't Tread On Me" Gadsen Flag, and off we went.  The photograph above is in the parking lot before we got out on the parade route.

We marched behind a paper mache submarine, and in front of beauty pageant winners in convertibles from various surrounding cities.  Our modest group of five was not going to get much attention if we didn't make some noise, and demand attention.

So, I shouted, I waved the flag, I made sure everyone saw my "Hillary for Prison" sign, and when I could I grasped flag and sign with one hand, and high-fived members of the audience lining the street down the heart of Old Town Temecula.

"Let me hear you cheer!" I shouted as I waved a hand up to get the crowd rockin'.  "God Bless America!"

The cheers erupted, up and down the street.  People ran to the curb to get pictures, including police along the route, and other city officials.  We were a hit.  We had the crowd cheering louder and louder, smiling more than any other part of the otherwise mundane parade.  While dignitaries waved, and beauty pageant winners smiled, we cheered, shouted, and laughed.  I ran back and forth, side to side, behind and in front of my group - shouting, waving, flying the flag and holding the "Hillary for Prison" sign up high as I posed for pictures.

Bob expected us to get kicked off the parade route.  I suspected they would do nothing of the sort.  The boos and angry parade visitors marching off the route would damage the city's image for years to come.

There were mostly cheers, smiles, and high thumbs up.  People laughed, clapped, and said "thank you!"

Even kids ran up to get a picture with the Constitution Guy holding up his flag and "Hillary for Prison" sign.

By the end of the route my shoulders were sore and my back was giving me fits.  I was hoarse.  I was out of breath.  I was sweating, and I was tired.  And it was all worth it.

Near the end of the route an old man ran up to me and said, "This is supposed to be a celebration.  There are rules, and that crossed the line."

"Happy resistance to tyranny Day," I said.

Another woman came up to me upset.  "That was inappropriate."

I believed it to be very appropriate.  I replied, "Did you make sure to lodge the same complaint a decade ago when anti-Bush signs were present?"

She ignored my statement.  "Did the city sanction this?"

"Do I have to ask the city to sanction my freedom of speech?  Doesn't it bother you that the FBI is investigating this woman?  Does it bother you she has a scandal list longer than my arm?"

She departed without another word.  Little did we know at the time that the FBI was going to recommend to the DOJ not to prosecute.

I have a feeling the City of Temecula will receive a few complaints, and Bob will get a call.  I told Bob to be honest.  First of all, I did what I did on my own accord.  Secondly, my antics were well received.  I had people saying they were coming next year to see what I will do next.  We were cheered more than jeered.  We, because of my "Hillary for Prison" sign, likely got the Temecula Parade more press than they would have gotten otherwise.  So, if they would like to throw us out, no problem.  I can go to another city and make their parade one people will want to attend. . . taking a whole bunch of parade-goers with me as I go.

And, while I wait for next year, if Temecula were to give me grief about this year's parade, I would simply talk about Temecula's anti-freedom of speech stance on my radio program, in the five newspapers I write for, and all over the world wide web.


-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: