DOUGLAS V. GIBBS<---------->RADIO<---------->BOOKS<---------->CONSTITUTION <---------->CONTACT/FOLLOW <----------> DONATE

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Open Primary in California Leads to One Party Elections

By Douglas V. Gibbs
Author, Speaker, Instructor, Radio Host

The California Open Primary was billed as being more fair for independents, enabling them to also vote in the primary election.  Anyone could cross party lines if they so desired when they vote, as well.  And, finally, the general election would be a two person battle, the two spots going to the two top vote-getters in the primary.  It's closer to democracy, we were told.  It gives the power truly to the people.

What it has done is it has given the power to the Democrat Party.  That is what they wanted.  That is what pure democracy does.  It enables 51% to take away the rights of the other 49%.

The U.S. Senate race for Barbara Boxer's seat will be between two democrats in November: Loretta Sanchez and Kamala Harris.  No matter what, the democrats get a hard left ideologue in that seat.

This morning, during a Tea Party meeting, the group said that maybe we should run a write-in candidate against the democrats.  It might be a way to slip in our candidate while the democrat votes are split on their two choices.  However, later on, after reviewing the open primary law, there is a stipulation that does not allow write-ins during the general election.  A write-in candidacy is only allowed during the primary.  Write-in ballots during the general election will be thrown out.

So much for the people's choice.

During the primary there were 34 candidates, most of them right of center.  The Republicans never had a chance.

In almost all of the races for various seats in the State of California, the choice is either a republican versus a democrat, or a democrat versus a democrat.  Yes, there are a handful of "R" versus "R", but they are rare, and at lower levels of government where the republican can do the least harm to the progressive agenda.

The independents have it even worse.  The chance of an independent pulling off one of the top two spots is nearly statistically impossible.

How did this happen?  During my childhood California was a very conservative State.  We backed Reagan both times.

California was flipped in the same way the democrats are trying to flip Texas. . . with amnesty.

And the conservatives are leaving the State as a result.

Just another lesson about the nasty tactics by the liberal left to eliminate their competition, and work towards a one-party system of totalitarianism.

That said, we can change the law. . . but it takes money, a great ground game, and enough votes.  The conservatives in California feel defeated.  Overwhelmed.  There's not much fight left in them. . . just as the liberal left knew would happen - and planned to happen.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: