Friday, July 15, 2016

Pokemon Go Zombies

By Douglas V. Gibbs
Author, Speaker, Instructor, Radio Host

As I arrived at a restaurant for the evening board meeting at a park around a duck pond I saw a huge crowd of people.  I wondered if there was some kind of event going on.  The Duck Pond Park in Temecula often is the location for events and political rallies.

The people were wandering around, almost aimlessly.  They had their heads down.  Slowly, they moved, nearly bumping into each other at times.  Their wanderings were almost zombie-like.

Inside the restaurant I joined my meeting-mates, and one of them made a comment about all of the people in the park. . . and how they were all playing Pokemon Go.

I had heard of the game, and knew that it uses some kind of program that works with GPS to enable the player to use the camera on his phone to find make-believe characters in the real world.  My only thought about it has been, "I want people to return to the outdoors, but does it have to be a device and a video game that gets them to do it?"

So that I was not wondering from an ignorant point of view, I decided to download the game and check it out.  It was interesting for about five minutes.  Then, it got old.

I glanced over at the park.  The horde of zombies had increased in size.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary







No comments: