Thursday, July 21, 2016

Ted Cruz at the RNC

By Douglas V. Gibbs
Author, Speaker, Instructor, Radio Host

I think Scott Walker said it best: "A vote for anyone other than Trump is a vote for Hillary."

I admit it.  In the beginning, of the original 17, Trump was my number 15.  Scott Walker was my number one, and Rand Paul was second.  I liked Cruz, but I could not get past the fact that he is not eligible to be President of the United States.  Natural Born Citizen requires both parents at the time of birth to have been citizens of the country.

Cruz's speech at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland was answered by a mixture of cheers and boos.  He refused to abide by the agreement to support whoever wins the nomination, and he made a spectacle of himself.  Cruz was speaking like he was preparing for 2020.  After his antics in Cleveland, he'll be lucky if he remains in the U.S. Senate after his term is up.

I am not a fan of Trump, but Hillary is something worse.  I wish Cruz, and the "NeverTrump" crowd, could see that.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: