Friday, June 22, 2018

Public School Indoctrination regarding Climate Change

By Douglas V. Gibbs
Author, Speaker, Instructor, Radio Host

I have a joke I often tell people.  "I believe in Climate Change.  It's called the four seasons."

Historically, the planet has warmed and cooled on its own without human interference.  In fact, we are actually colder than normal, so a warming trend is definitely on the horizon.  The thing is, the latest warming trend, of which the Democrats say we are catastrophically only experiencing the beginning of, ended over two decades ago.

The man-made climate change hysteria is a politically motivated ruse.  Humanity doesn't even spew enough carbon into the atmosphere to make a dent on changing temperatures, and that's if carbon is the actually culprit in the first place.  Carbon Dioxide, as with other gases, are a necessary part of our environmental makeup.  Plants, who provide oxygen, need carbon dioxide to begin that oxygen-making process.

Real scientists have explained that global temperature changes are a natural phenomenon that's been going on a lot longer than the day man first figured out how to make a fire.

That all said, I am not saying we should be careless with our environment.  If there is gunk in the local skies or water, I have no problem with us being good stewards of the planet and cleaning it all up.  However, when environmentalism takes on a magnitude that belches out hysteria and authoritarian control, I've got a problem with it.

I have an even larger problem when theories and false models are proclaimed as the dead truth, and then are used to frighten children into believing the hysteria on a religiously insane level.

Here's a conversation I had with my first-grade, soon to go into second-grade, granddaughter.  She's sharp, has always had a great handle on language, and was reading basic sentences before she even started kindergarten.  However, with only two years in public school, she has already been convinced of the liberal left climate change dogma.

She said to me, "On Earth Day you have to turn off all electronic devices."

"Why?" I asked.

"We have to save the planet.  It's the law.  You have to turn off everything.  Even the TV.  Nothing is allowed to be on, or else you hate the Earth."

"What if," I asked, "I decide to keep on my lights, my computer, my TV, and then later take a trip to have a campfire and cook some marshmallows on the smoky flames."

"Then we will all die, and I would have to tell the police you broke the law on Earth Day."

"Did you know," I added, "That every year on Earth Day I turn on every light in my house, turn on all of the televisions, and do as much as I can with my devices as a form of rebelling against them telling me what to do about this?"

"You do?"

"Yep," I said with a grin, "and the planet is still here."

She gave me a wry look, and then trotted off to play with one of the dogs.

A few years ago when some students, with their teacher guiding them, gave the City of Murrieta a speech about how Murrieta should lead the way with making a law to force people to use reusable grocery bags, I so happened to be at the dais next and killed her argument with some simple facts about the dangers of reusable bags, which includes the chance for them becoming a health hazard if not properly washed, and how the energy it takes to create them is greater than the energy that will be saved by using them.

A friend of mine, Harry Ramos, was on the council at the time, and afterwards he said that as I was laying out the facts, the girl who had given the presentation was crying behind me, with her teacher consoling her.

Think about that.  The dogma is so solid with these kids, and their inability to participate in civil discourse so damaged by the liberal left's way of going about all of this, that she was in tears and was emotionally distraught over this.   Over a myth.  Over a hoax.  Over a politically motivated crock of garbage that the Democrats are utilizing for the sole purpose of control, and political power.

The real frightening thing is that the indoctrination regarding environmentalism is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what they are teaching our children.

The Marxists want good little proletarians.

If you love your children, take them out of public schools.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: