Wednesday, December 22, 2021

California Ignores Newsom Mask Mandate

By Douglas V. Gibbs
Author, Speaker, Instructor, Radio Host

On December 15 a new mask mandate, after months upon months of political freedom from the facial armbands, was instituted by the Gavin Newsom regime in California, effective until January 15.  Never mind that more than enough evidence is available revealing that facial coverings are essentially ineffective against anything except giving people skin infections and rashes around their mouths, and reducing one's immune system's ability to fight off illness as a result of a reduced amount of oxygen intake.  It also flies in the face of the courts who have been all over the mandate thing, and in the case of Pennsylvania the State Supreme Court even said that the mandate can't even be enforced at the schools.  The United States Supreme Court will be looking at Biden's unconstitutional jab mandates on January 7.

In short, it's all a bunch of stupidity, and a drive for power and control over people.  The lefties I talk to about this say that your "individual liberties have to be suspended when an emergency threatens the community."  Life is full of risks, and individual decisions for individuals to make regarding those risks after they make their own assessments of those risks.  It's called, "Freedom".  Tyranny in the name of safety is never an excuse to support tyranny.  Just because some people are filled with fear or are extremely paranoid about something that little can be done to mitigate, the ultimate reality is despite what the liars in government, lefty corporate cartel-ville, and the courts say, there is no constitutional authority for anyone to take away my freedom of choice because they claim the safety of the community is in play.

There are no asterisks in the Constitution, and according to the Fifth Amendment and the Fourteenth Amendment the federal government and the States have no authority to deprive any person of Life, Liberty, and Property without due process.  Liberty, by the way, is the freedom to say "NO!"

So, when I heard about California's latest one month long mask mandate, it ticked me off.  I am a public speaker, primarily, and the lockdowns and mask mandates have been devastating for business.  On top of that, even though I would not comply anyway, I have a medical reason I can't wear a face covering and the tyrants of the left have told me in not so many words, "Tough!"  My medical condition that disallows me to wear a mask is connected to my military service.  So, in order to enforce their mask mandates, and make themselves feel good about a false sense of security they are not only willing to toss away everyone's individual liberties who don't want to wear a mask, but they are even willing to treat someone like me like a second-class citizen because I medically can't wear one, literally spitting on my military service that, in part, was a cog in the machine that ensures their freedom to be idiots.

While I was never planning to comply with the new mask mandate, I was wondering how many stores I would get kicked out of, and how many people would try to shame me with their verbal confirmation of their desire to virtue signal (because deep down they are either narcissists, or really big cowards who will believe anything the government and corporate colluders will feed them).

So, I went to the grocery store once the mandate was in effect.  Nobody stopped me.  Nobody questioned me.  And, more than half of the shoppers in the store were practicing facial nudity.  An office type store, two more grocery stores, and a big superstore mart all reveal for me that same realization.  The mask mandate is largely being ignored.

Later that day I traveled up the hill (foothills of the local mountains) to a radio studio, then another superstore mart, and finally stopped to grab a bite at a sandwich shop.  The ratio of masked people was a tad higher, but still a large portion of the locals were simply ignoring the mandate, and the establishments they were visiting were doing nothing about it.

I thought to myself how fragile the power of tyrants truly is.  If nobody enforces tyranny, and nobody obeys tyranny, in truth the tyranny doesn't exist.

Then again, that's usually about the time that tyrants decide to clamp down and imprisoning people for daring to refuse to obey.

The following day Constitution Association business took me to San Diego County and Orange County.  Riverside County, the home of the cities I was in the day before, is known for being very conservative aside from maybe the City of Riverside, and Palm Springs/Cathedral City.  So, defiance should sort of be expected.  Even the Sheriff, Chad Bianco, is known for telling the governor that he won't enforce the State Executive's unconstitutional edicts; so much so that the Riverside County Sheriff has received national attention for it.

San Diego's North County, north coast, and South Orange County proved to be similar to Riverside County, upon my own personal inspection.  For the most part, the locals also practiced non-compliance with the California governor's demands.

Finally, a couple days later, I hit North Orange County, and the edges of Los Angeles County.  More people were masked up, but non-masked folks were still out and about, and the places of business, while adorned with "face coverings required" signs on their doors, left me alone as I entered.

In fact, not a single place of business had a problem with me not wearing a mask until I stopped by the pet store in my hometown to pick up crickets for my gecko.  The woman in the small store told me to stay outside, and handed me the crickets from behind the door, barely opening it to push her fist holding the clear plastic bag full of cattle for reptiles through.

Last Summer Aldi, Sprouts, and Trader Joe's had all refused to serve me without a mask on.  I decided not to test them, but when I went into the World Market in Temecula, while most folks in there, and all of the employees, were masked up, I was allowed to shop without any complaint.

Overall, based on my experience, most Californians are flipping Governor Adolf Newsom the bird.  His unconstitutional mandates are having no effect, at least outside hard left strongholds.  I am willing to bet the wearing of facial armbands is a majority practice in the deep bowels of places like Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Berkeley.

I was once watching a video with William Shatner in it, and he said, "Power is powerless if there is no recognition of the power."

He may have had something, there.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary




No comments: