Monday, October 18, 2010

Democrat: The Party of the Accuser


By Douglas V. Gibbs

Liberals love to accuse. They accused Tom DeLay of a great many things, regardless of the evidence or the truth, and destroyed the man's political career. It turned out later to be a bunch of lies. The Left is vindictive by nature, are willing to use any device of deception and cunning, and is an ideology of centralized power, and big government. The inability to successfully debate the issues, however, leaves the liberal left in a position of disadvantage, so their only way to achieve victory is to turn the populous against their opposition. This is why they launched into a "hate Bush" campaign, and why they continuously make baseless accusations against members of the Right, regardless of the truth.

On a personal level, I have experienced these attacks regularly.

When I proclaimed that entitlement programs create a cycle of dependency among the poor, and disincentivizes those in poverty from working to become achievers, one liberal response was that I believe all poor people are lazy. Of course that is not what I said, but the truth did not mean a thing to that liberal. Only the destruction of my message was in that person's interest. Later, I intercepted a forum conversation between that liberal and one of my readers, and she was shocked I would say such a thing. When I interceded, and indicated to her to be careful because the liberal she was conversing with is a snake, he inserted that now I was trying to tell her what to do, and then accused me of thinking she was lazy as well, since she was on disability. The truth no longer mattered. The accusation was in full swing, and the liberal wielded that weapon masterfully.

In my campaign for City Council, in an attempt to illustrate how the current city officials hide the truth by making the city website anything but user friendly, I stated in a debate that the city budget online, because of the way it is presented on the website, is hard to understand. My opposition, later, proclaimed that I said I don't understand the city budget. That is not what I said, but the accusation was in place, and after that I had to play defense whenever discussing my understanding of the city budget.

An accusation can even have no connection to any reality at all, but that is not off limits to the liberals. An example is that right now there is a neurotic liberal writing about me saying that I believe HIV was created in a government test tube and purposely put into the population. I have no clue where that moron got that notion. Perhaps a guest I interviewed said something along those lines. But what is funny about that accusation is that the liberal messiah, Barack Obama, attended a church for twenty years, and the pastor of that church, Jeremiah Wright, actually does believe that AIDS is a government conspiracy. So, what is happening is that the liberals are taking something one of their own believes and are trying to project it on conservatives like myself. It doesn't matter if I never said, or wrote, such a thing. All the liberal leftist needs is to put the accusation out there, and hope enough sheep believe it, without realizing that the accuser is lying.

I have trouble understanding what it must be like being a liberal, having no pride, and lying incessantly as they do. What a miserable existence it must be.

It is kind of fascinating how these liberal Democrats spend so much time accusing their opposition, when the radical past of their own leader, Barack Obama, fits the majority of the Left's accusations of the Right.

What's the answer to the question?

Whatever benefits the liberals the most, regardless of the truth.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

The Innocence of Tom DeLay - Political Pistachio

Obama's Radical Past - National Review Online

No comments: