Thursday, June 20, 2013

Jury Notice on my Vacation - Damn, the bad luck

By Douglas V. Gibbs

My book has been suffering, because I have had no time to work on re-proofing it, as a publisher waits for the fixes.  I am tired, and falling behind on my work to get advertisers for my radio program, and to put more than links to interesting stories on my site.  I need about a week to just work on nothing but my endeavors.  So, today I asked for a week vacation.  I never take time off.  I have three weeks on the books, since I only normally use days to cover for times I miss due to rain, or things like that.  The week I chose is July 15 through the 19th.

Today, I got home from work and noticed I had some mail. . . for jury duty - starting the week of July 15.

I have not gotten a jury duty notice since the mid-nineties when I worked for a city.  Suddenly, the one week I need to catch up on everything, and perhaps get some sleep, I have to go on jury duty.  And it never fails, they always like me, and I always wind up all week at the court, until the lawyers start asking questions.  My conservative attitude and constitutional prowess always gets me dismissed at that point.

So, instead of spending that week catching up, I will spend that week inside a courthouse, doing crossword puzzles.

Jeeeez.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: