Sunday, January 04, 2015

Mike Huckabee Ends Fox News Show, Preps For 2016 Presidential Bid

by JASmius



First Jeb Bush, then Marco Rubio, now Huckles - the RINOs sure are getting a head-start on flooding the proverbial zone, aren't they?:

TV host and former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee says he is leaving his Fox News talk show as he considers whether to seek the Republican nomination for president, a decision he expects to reach in the spring.

Well, so much for my getting off my "don't quit your day job" line.  But I'd be happy to fill in for Huck while he's off tilting at windmills.

Huckabee said Saturday night's edition of "Huckabee" would be his last as he ponders his political future. The weekly show, which is taped with a live audience and features political commentary as well as interviews with guests and musical entertainment, has been on the air for more than six years.

He wouldn't be walking away from a successful TV show if he was only "pondering" his political future.  Which is ironic, because if he actually ever did ponder his political future, he might just realize that, as a single-issue socon candidate and the "John Edwards of the Republican Party," he doesn't have one.

"There's been a great deal of speculation as to whether I would run for president.

From whom?

And if I were willing to absolutely rule that out, I could keep doing this show. But I can't make such a declaration," he said at the end of Saturday's program.

In other words, he's running.

"Now, I'm not going to make a decision about running until late in the spring of 2015....

Because it'll take that long to put all the candidacy infrastructure together, particularly fundraising.

....but the continued chatter has put Fox News into a position that just isn't fair to them — nor is it possible for me to openly determine political and financial support to justify a race. The honorable thing to do at this point is to end my tenure here at Fox. Now, as much as I have loved doing the show, I cannot bring myself to rule out another presidential run."

He's running, folks.  Which is just fine by me.  With JB, Rubio, Huckles, and presumably Governor Christie all fragmenting the "establishment" vote, the door will be wide open for two-term, thrice-elected Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker to unify conservatives behind his banner and march to the GOP nomination.  Presuming, of course, that Tea Partiers have the sense and savvy not to fragment themselves (again) and slam that door in their own faces.

No comments: