Monday, July 20, 2015

Trump Does The Impossible

by JASmius



He's turned the corrupt senator who has supported rewarding illegal aliens who break America’s laws, played kissy-face with the execrable Enemy Media for years, and classlessly and uncharitably attacked conservatives for just as long (including last week's "he sure brought out the crazies" slur) into a sympathetic figure, mature adult, and public statesman:

Asked on MSNBC’s Morning Joe if Trump owes him an apology, McCain responded: “No, I don’t think so. But I think he may owe an apology to the families of those who have sacrificed in conflict and those who have undergone the prison experience in serving their country.”

“There are so many men, and some women, who served and sacrificed and happened to be held prisoner and somehow to denigrate that, in any way, their service I think is offensive,” he added....

McCain said during the exclusive interview with MSNBC that it is his senior officers during the Vietnam War who should be viewed as heroes, not him.

“A great honor of my life was to serve in the company of heroes. I’m not a hero,” he said.

McCain also declined to attack Trump for avoiding service in the Vietnam War through a series of deferments.

“For me to look back in anger at anyone is nonproductive,” he said. “And our country was divided in an almost unprecedented fashion during the Vietnam War, and when I came home I was shocked. So I’ve worked ever since to try to heal those wounds.” [emphasis added]



In so many words, John McCain has thoroughly kicked Donald Trump's public relations ass.  He provoked Trump with a cheap shot at Tea Partiers, goaded Trump into a grade school playground slap fight, then reascended to thirty-thousand feet to take the "high road", making everybody forget that he started it, himself look like a humble, modest, saintly elder statesman, and The Donald look like the lying assclown he really is, not to mention putting Trump on the wrong side of veterans everywhere, a most decidedly conservative/"restorationist" constituency.

I'll ask Tea Party Trumpsters again about their hero who just got pantsed by our ultimate RINO enemy: Why are you still following this guy?


UPDATE: Hey, all you evangelical Trumpsters, here's what your hero thinks of the Gospel of Jesus Christ:

But for the actual voters who were in the room when Trump spoke to the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa, Saturday, it's possible Trump's greater sin has nothing to do with McCain. Instead, Trump's casual and disengaged characterization of religious faith may have made a far worse impression on the mostly evangelical conservatives who came to hear Trump and other Republican hopefuls speak.

If a candidate wants to make a good impression on religious voters in Iowa, he probably should not offer the answer Trump gave when moderator Frank Luntz asked whether Trump had ever asked God for forgiveness. "I am not sure I have," Trump said. "I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so. I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."

A candidate who seeks to make a good impression should also probably refrain from describing Holy Communion in the way Trump did: "When I drink my little wine — which is about the only wine I drink — and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed. I think in terms of 'let's go on and let's make it right.'"

A senior Iowa Republican who was in the room, sitting with a group of grassroots activists as Trump spoke, was dumbfounded by the candidate's views of religion. "While there were audible groans in the crowd when Trump questioned whether McCain was a war hero," the senior Republican said via email, "it was Trump's inability to articulate any coherent relationship with God or demonstrate the role faith plays in his life that really sucked the oxygen out of the room.."

The senior Republican continued: "Milling around talking to activists in the hallways/lobby after Trump's speech, THAT is what those Iowa conservatives were discussing, not the McCain comment."

New York Times reporters Jonathan Martin and Alan Rappeport noticed the same thing: "It was these comments, not his attack on Mr. McCain, that prompted the most muttering and unease in the audience." 
Attendees told the Times that Trump's casual use of the words "damn" and "hell" made a bad impression. "I was turned off at the very start because I didn't like his language,'' one woman who had been considering supporting Trump told the paper. Admitting he never asks God's forgiveness didn't help. ''He sounds like he isn't really a born-again Christian," the woman added. [emphases added]



Ya think?

There are two possibilities here; Either (1) Trump is banking his campaign on a strategy of becoming the new "Straight Talk Express," even when it slams his own political scrotum repeatedly in the proverbial drawer, or (2) he's literally too stupid to know any better.  The wonder is that he didn't sprinkle his speech with S-bombs and F-bombs as well.  How bad was this display?  Even Obama faked Christianity better than this in 2008.  Maybe next time Trump should show up in minstrel blackface.

Here is some straight talk for Tea Party Trumpsters: You're backing Al Czervik to be the next president of the United States.




UPDATE II: And yet Trump is still running second only to Scott Walker in Iowa.

It's very evocative of John 11:35.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The author is so clueless I can't believe I read this article written by a moron