Saturday, December 23, 2017

Non-Christmas Christmas School Event

By Douglas V. Gibbs
Author, Speaker, Instructor, Radio Host
One of my seven grandchildren is in the 1st Grade.  She was a part of a "Holiday Concert," and I quipped at my wife as we went out the door "time for a non-Christmas Christmas school event."

Each song, I was figuring, would be like Frosty the Snowman. . . not a word about Christmas.  Especially with our steadily growing Muslim population in next door Temecula.

Then, to my surprise, the final class sang "All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth," and then for their finale, "We Wish You a Merry Christmas."

I was stunned, and delighted. . .

Despite the fact that the stage was set improperly. . . poor flag etiquette.  The American Flag should have been to my left, and the California flag to my right.  They had them backwards.

Oh Well.


-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: