Thursday, March 15, 2007

Content or Comments

My country comes first when it comes to politics. There is an enemy that wishes to take down our nation, and I believe the way to protect this nation is to meet the enemy head on. I am a Christian, so my values are directly affected by my faith. This means that I am Pro-Life, and Anti-Gay Marriage. I believe in the Constitution of the United States, so I support the right to bear arms. Criminals prefer unarmed victims. I don't plan to give them that preference. I believe as Reagan did, a nation without borders is not a nation, and I, for one, am proud to be an American and do not appreciate people coming to this nation illegally with the attitude that they are entitled to something they did not earn. I am pro-immigrant, if they use the proper protocol, and are proud to become a member of this nation.

I write in this blog, and my other blogs, because I love to write. I am a conservative when it comes to politics. I am a Christian when it comes to my faith. Trolls and debate and hot tempers comes with the territory, whether I like it or not.

I also write in this blog because I feel like I have something to say.

I have always assumed that the people that visit and read my blog do so because they enjoy the content of my commentary, whether they agree with my position or not. Many of my readers have become regular commenters, or send me e-mails, and many I have come to consider as friends. I have had the pleasure of meeting one of you in person, and he turned out to be a pleasant person to talk to face to face. I felt fortunate to have made the acquaintance.

A recent troll that I finally began to delete the comments of because he was over the top, has departed from Political Pistachio. Though I personally enjoy a good debate, he wasn't here for the sake of debate. His goal was to disrupt the blog. And judging by some of the most recent events in the comments section, and actions taken by other bloggers in regards to this blog, it looks like he succeeded in his task of dividing us (or at least a few of us).

There is a longtime liberal commenter and another person who claims to be conservative while spewing liberal rantings on occassion that have taken residence here, and their presence has created pandamonium in the comments section. My conservative readers take priority, and the liberal commenter understands this. However, I will not tolerate bickering, back-biting, profanity, name-calling, and the other bull that has resulted in one commenter claiming that he is "finished with this blog." For those of you that read my blog for its content, or like me because of what I stand for, or sees this bologna for what it is, please continue to be readers of my site, and comment, and don't debate if you don't want to, leave comments directly related to the post. If you want to debate, have fun, keep it clean, and don't take anything personal. If you don't feel like commenting, fine, enjoy my writings. If you think this is a weak response, and feel like I am too lenient, it was nice knowing you. When you grow up and can handle a little confrontation, feel free to re-enter the real world.

I am a multi-faceted person. I have experienced things that many of you can only imagine, and I am sure some of you have seen things I could never imagine. Nonetheless, those life experiences have made me who I am. I tend to be friendly, now, and diplomatic. My wife calls me a negotiator. Some people call it "taking the high road." Sometimes my tactics don't work, and a heavy hand must be used. That's where bolder folks come into the picture. We all have different strengths, different histories, and unique perspectives. Perhaps this is why I am not tough on commenters that some folks feel I should be. I suppose when it comes to some people, they have to really tick me off for me to get rid of them. Perhaps that is a flaw in my personality. Perhaps I should hammer them for their opinions that are contrary to mine. But, I'll be damned if I will take that action because a few people threaten to leave my blog, or kick me off their blogrolls. I don't allow trolls to control this blog. I control it. I can delete their comments anytime I wish. They know this. And sometimes they teeter on a thin line. I have sent out e-mails to certain people regarding this, and I hope resolution is forthcoming.

This is all I have to say about this, and I hope I don't have to spend an evening writing a post like this again. I'd rather write posts about how liberalism is akin to Marxism, or how the shedding of the innocent blood of unborn children is another step in the direction of a demoralized society. As a Christian I hold no ill will towards anyone, and for those that are angry, I am sorry you feel that way.

In short, if I lose readers, so be it. Be safe, and continue the fight against liberalistic Marxism. For those of you that stick with my humble blog, enjoy the content. Bushwack says I'm a good writer, and I take that as a huge compliment. That's why he reads my blog, I suppose.

However, for you folks out there that leave me liberal comments, this does not mean you are off the hook. Troll control is still in place, and though I am a little more easier to get along with than some of the sites you infect, be sure that if you push me, or my loyal readers, too far, you will be the ones asked to leave.

Blessings,

Doug

13 comments:

Wild Phil said...

Hi Doug,

I agree with everything that you wrote here on this article, you have excepted mudkitty because she has not been nasty towards you or anyone else and even if her ideas don't fit yours or anyone else's on your blog is by no means a reason that she should not have just as much right to her opinions.

I mean we live in a democracy which means that everyone has there right to there opinions.

I think that some and I am not referring to mudkitty here because she has never said that I or anyone else here has to follow along with what she believes in.

But some of the trolls seem to think that if you don't believe as they do then you are a bigot or some other derogatory remark those are the ones that I have a problem with not so much with mudkitty.

Doug this blog is your territory and you have every right to set the rules on it and I except your rules.

Unknown said...

A liberal in conservative clothing? Who would that be?

Wild Phil said...

Hi Doug,

I know a friend of mine who on the top of their blog they have wrote: Live Life Like A Liberal But Vote Like A Conservative.

A liberal in conservative clothing? Who would that be?

The statement that A Liberal In Conservative Clothing, could fit just about anyone.

For instance, if you don't agree with all conservative ideas then you would fit into that category.

Douglas V. Gibbs said...

Proletariat. Conservative on a few things, and very liberal on many.

Unknown said...

Ah... I've a feeling Phil thinks you're talking about me, as did I.

: )

Wild Phil said...

Hi Jenn,

Well I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't about you, so I just wanted it to be clarified.

Anonymous said...

Debate, debate and keep it right on Gibbs. I appreciate your blog and am with ya!

Have a Guinness!
Go mairir an céad, is bliain chun aithrí!
May you live to be one hundred, and a year for repentance!

FTGF!

Wild Phil said...

Daniel, you're a good man, you follow your beliefs and stick to them. Right on to you too my friend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Phil, I'm glad to be chatin' with the infamous Nightrider!

FTGF!

Gary said...

Have a Guiness? LOL! You crack me up Daniel.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Cheers mate!
FTGF!

Bushwack said...

Well I don't need to read your bleeepin bleep bleepin blog anymore I already got the interview.....LMAO

Your blog, your rules, those that don't like it need to not be here.

Simplicity is the mother of all repairs.. in EVERYTHING.

you want to make things worse, shoot for complicated.

Anonymous said...

"an armed populace can be dangerous to madmen!"

An armed madman can be dangerous to a populace, as recent events have shown.

Now, what are the keywords here? Oh yes, "armed" and "dangerous". Wow.