Friday, January 23, 2009

Illegal Aliens Getting The Breaks over Americans at Universities

I recently drove by a Home Depot in L.A. and you have never seen so many illegal aliens, err, um, I mean undocumented workers, in your life standing along the sidewalk hoping for somebody to pick them up for some side job. As I drove my big rig by the sea of people I thought to myself, "Wow, and I thought there was a lot of them that hung out around the fuel stop in the Inland Empire, or on the corner near the Lowes in Southwest Riverside County near where I live."

The scene in Los Angeles brought to mind something I heard on, I think, The Mike Gallagher Show, talking about how illegal aliens get a bigger break, and lower tuition, along with more (and easier to obtain) loans, to attend a university, than does an American. Specifically, out of state Americans. Like, if say a person from Kentucky wanted to attend UCLA and an undocumented alien (can't say illegal, I might be called a racist or something), or their kids, the little aliens, let's say originally from Mexico (since the Mexican illegal alien is the most common we'll use them in this illustration) desires to go to UCLA as well, the tuition is going to be lower, and the loans are going to be easier to obtain for the Illegal Alien. After all, the person Kentucky will be penalized for being an out-of-state student (but out of country with no legal papers is fine?).

Now, why is it that someone who doesn't belong in this country in the first place has more opportunity than someone who is a citizen (in other words, someone who belongs here)?

What amazes me is the liberal left is supposed to be all about what is "fair." So tell me, liberal lefties, how is that disproportionate leanings toward illegals are fair? How is that appropriate to the American Citizen? How is that beneficial to a person born and raised here in the U.S.? What is the benefit of having a birthright? How is that fair to the American as compared to the illegal who lied and cheated to come into this country? The Illegal Alien is receiving a fairer shake to get into an American learning institution. I challenge any liberal to explain to me how that is the right thing to do.

Of course as liberal as the Universities are, perhaps they are doing this so that they can properly train these new, potential voters, in the way of the dark side . . . err, uh, I mean liberal left philosophies.

No comments: