Friday, January 01, 2010

Serving In The Military, Higher Education, and Viewing Today's Liberal Democrat

By Douglas V. Gibbs

It is funny how, because I criticize the indoctrination aspect of today's colleges, the liberal left has decided that means I despise higher education. And since I am opinionated, and recognize the Islamic Jihad as being the enemy that they are, I am somehow a coward because I have not picked up a weapon and shipped out to the Middle East.

The attacks are typical baiting, and usually I just ignore the ignorant idiocy spewed by small-minded liberals such as the one's that love to leave comments, or send me Emails, that these collectivist utopians figure will get under my skin.

A message to these leftist nutcases: You don't know me. You did not serve with me in the United States Navy, and you do not know the entire story behind my opinions regarding the educational system. If I despised higher education as you suggest, then why would I be a supporter of Hillsdale College? My wife has five collegiate degrees, most of which I assisted her in achieving. If I despised higher education so much, why would I even encourage anyone to receive such an education?

No, I do not have a degree. I have some college, gaining most of the credits in evening classes, after work. I chose to stop my collegiate career for a couple reasons, one of which revolves around a confrontation between me and a "communist" educator (funny, my dad experienced a similar situation during his college career as well), another reason was so that I could take care of my family. I chose to set aside school until a later time in my life so that I could work full time to provide for my wife and children. And that, to the liberals, is something to be ashamed of?

It's called sacrifice, leftists. I know you have trouble understanding such a concept, considering the narcissism that normally infects your type.

As for shipping off to the war against the Islamic Jihad, I served in the United States Navy, receiving injuries that pushed me out of the Armed Forces before I desired. I planned to make the military my career, but medical situations had other ideas. When I entered the U.S. Navy I took the same oath that today's soldier takes, and I have always been ready to defend my nation at a moment's notice. When 9/11 happened, I actually tried to get back in to the military, but my injuries from my first enlistment are too serious to allow me back in.

But, my fine, crazy liberals, how do you know I haven't seen action? Do you think the Cold War, of which I was in the military during, was in fact a "cold" war? Trust me, it became "hot" more often than the media, or Washington, was willing to tell. But I am not at liberty to discuss such military confrontations. That information is on a need-to-know basis, and you don't have the need to know.

From my childhood I have always been a person that believes in individualism, and the form of government our founding fathers so wisely created for this nation. Along the way I came across folks that agree with my ideological philosophies, and of course I have remained in contact with those like-minded folks whenever possible.

I consider myself a Constitutional Originalist. The first three words of the U.S. Constitution are "We The People." Those words make if very clear as to whom the Constitution was written for. It does not say, "We the lawyers," or "We the politicians," for a reason. And I know it is a shock to the leftists who like to bend and twist the Constitution to fit their aims, you don't have to be a lawyer to understand the Constitution. In fact, every friend and family member I have who are in Law respect my knowledge in the Constitution, and are grateful that someone has taken the time to understand the founding document that all citizens should be experts in.

Unfortunately, men who would affect their own political agenda through the judiciary have declared that only the interpretation by legal experts, and lawyers, is acceptable. Says who? I can read, I can reason, and I can determine what the U.S. Constitution says without a whole lot of help from agenda-minded people. And if I have a question about the text of the U.S. Constitution, instead of talking to some mindless automaton from the ranks of Constitutional Lawyers, I read things like "Madison's Notes on the Constitutional Convention," the Federalist Papers, and other writings by the founding fathers. I recognize that even then there were disagreements and heavy political discussions on what the federal government's role should be. It is then that the real powers of reasoning kick in - and through all of my studies regarding the U.S. Constitution, one thing rings clear: The U.S. Constitution was written in such a way as to limit the powers of the federal government, and give the states the sovereignty to decide local issues on their own.

This is why I am so critical of today's liberal Democrat. The principles of the radical left are quite literally the opposite of the American Form of Government as provided to us by the Founding Fathers. The United States of America has prospered, and become the greatest nation on the face of the Earth, doing the opposite of what the leftists are suggesting today. This is not the first time this kind of ideology has tried to subvert the principles of this great nation, and it won't be the last. But it is up to individuals to stop this kind of traitorous tyranny any time it raises its ugly head.

The last time this kind of idiotic thinking circumvented the globe we politically lost a war in Vietnam that we were winning hands down militarily. The time before this kind of thinking gained prominence, it resulted in millions being killed in World War II.

More on the dangers of appeasement and disarmament, as taught by World War II, in a later post.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: