Friday, April 30, 2010

Arkansas Tornado Outbreak Kills 3, Injures 25

By Douglas V. Gibbs

The majority of my family lives in Arkansas, so when tragic news reaches me from that state, I am immediately concerned. Years ago, when the ice storms was devastating Arkansas, my grandfather wound up trapped in his home. Now, three people have been killed, and at least 25 folks have been injured, in what is being called a tornado outbreak in Arkansas.

My mother's family is all around Conway, and Dad's is down in Hot Springs. Conway County was one of the areas hit by the tornadoes. Though the damage to structures is minimal in Conway, structures have been hit, and it is possible that some people may be trapped.

Full assessment won't be available until the morning, after the storms pass, and the light reveals how much damage was truly inflicted by these tornadoes.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

3 Fatalities, 25 Injuries Reported In Arkansas Tornado Outbreak - Associated Press, My Eyewitness News

No comments: