Saturday, August 14, 2010

26 Years and Going Strong - Pistachio Wedding Anniversary


By Douglas V. Gibbs

On August 18th, my wife and I will celebrate 26 years of marriage. We have two adult children, and two grandchildren. However, since our anniversary falls on a weekday, and during the week, due to my long hours, I tend to not do much other than work, write, and sleep, we are celebrating our anniversary this weekend. As a result, I cancelled my radio shows last night, and tonight.

We met in high school, dated for a couple years, and married with a baby on the way in 1984. Rather than pursue a collegiate path, a part of which had already been in place, I enlisted in the U.S. Navy, and I have been working hard to take care of my family ever since.

Now, with the children grown up, my wife and I are truly beginning to enjoy each other's company. Today, we are taking a trip into the hills to eat at a place we haven't dined at in a very long time, then it will be off to the beach for a little play in the water. Tonight, when we return, it will be dinner at home, and lots of time together. Last night we caught a movie - SALT with Angelina Jolie is a fun flick!

The Political Pistachio Radio Revolution will air on Sunday Night at its usual time.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: